M.Ali Guest

Post Please check for grammar mistakes, thanks.

Today I want to talk about "Importance of English Language in our society".

Actually importance of English Language is not bounded to any society or Nation. It is the most widely spoken language of the world. It is our Language. It is a language of human beings, but today I want to discuss its importance in the lives of Muslims of South Asia.

English is more important for the Muslims of South Asia than it was before independence. One of the reasons of the fell of Mughal Empire in subcontinent was that they rejected new technologies and new languages.Muslims did the same, the rejected English Language because it was the language of British who invaded their land.

Still few people don't like learning English Language but we must not forget
    that Our Holy prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H was a great linguist and was fluent in so many languages. English Language is not new for us, our relation with English Language is very old that's why we use so many English words as they are not English word but Urdu words.

So it is not anything bad to learn English Language, Learning English is a need of time. If we don't want to left behind and lose as Mughals, we must own English as our Language. Today English is used as a Second Language in so many countries. Technologies and Science made this world a small place and different countries do businesses with each other. English become a bridge between peoples. English is a language of information and computers. We have more books in English than in any other language.

All these facts shows that Why English is important in our Society.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please check for grammar mistakes, thanks.

Actually importance of English Language is not bounded to any society or Nation. It is the most widely spoken language of the world. It is our Language. It is a language of human beings, but today I want to discuss its importance in the lives of Muslims of South Asia.

Firstly, I wouldn't start with 'actually'; it doesn't work at the beginning of the text for me.
    The importance of English Language is not confined to any single society or nation.

It is the most widely spoken language of the world. It is our language. It is a language of human beings, but today I want to discuss its importance in the lives of Muslims of South Asia.

Does 'it is a language of human beings' add much? Other than distinguishing it from birdsong and dancing bees, it doesn't really add much information.

It is the most widely spoken language of the world; it is our language. Today I want to discuss its importance in the lives of Muslims of South Asia.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please check for grammar mistakes, thanks.

dear Tdol,
    Is English the most widely spoken language? I thought it was Chinese?
    RAM