Post Thanks / Like

Default Help to Correcting / Editing with this ESSAY

TOPIC: I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO WELCOME NEW STUDENTS AT COLLEGE

ESSAY

First of all, my stuff and I would like to welcome all of you to Michael Community College. My name is Anna Joseph, I am assistant school director. We hope you had terrific summer and are exciting the start of fall classes. Most importantly, we are pleased that you have chosen to come to Michael Community College. I have few things to discuss but today I will talk about only three things, instructors, getting help when needed, and text books.

In first place, starting a new school can be scary, but the fact that you have decided to attend college is a great decision. In that matter our instructors are looking forward to assist and helping you to archive your goals. Teachers will spend a lot of time during the first two days of each school term on activities designed to help students get to know each other, how to make friends, and how to give a tour of the classroom to the important places in the school such as library, laboratories, and cafeteria. Also, your instructor will explain about their expectation for student behaviour if not included in the college handbook.

In additional to that, getting help when need it is important. Everybody encounters problems at some point; most of us go through life solving our day to day problems without needing help to cope with our feelings. But sometimes, things get out of hand. It doesnít have to be school related matter; it can be anything such as relationships, financial, and family. If something is bothering you mentally or physical, it can be hard even stressful to concentrate with school. It is important that you find ways that are helpful for you. A great person to share your thoughts and feelings with is your schoolcounsellor.Your school counsellor is available for you and wants to make your school experience the best it can be.

Last, I would like to talk about text books. Our textbooks are available to all students and you will be given a print out at the time of your registration about the text books you are going to use during your school term, however, for some students your teacher will make decision to which textbook to use. Also, we have various selections to choose from in the library or bookstore, everyone is welcome to the library to borrow or use within the library. For more information regarding library rules and borrowing our librarians are available six days a week except Sundayís to assist you. On the other hand, for those students who can not afford to purchase brand new text books, they should check at the bulletin board post, sometimes former studentís posts ads for the low price.

Finally, I would like to thank you once again, and welcome you to start your journey with Michael Community College. As I mentioned, It is important that you know how your school stuff can help you. It is our desire to encourage you to build a strong relationship with us in order to help you and if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact myself or other stuff members.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help to Correcting / Editing with this ESSAY

I will take on the first paragraph. (Comments in blue.)
    Quote Originally Posted by lindalinda1228 View Post
    First of all, my stuff and I would like to welcome all of you to Michael Community College. My name is Anna Joseph, I am assistant school director. We hope you had terrific summer and are exciting the start of fall classes. Most importantly, we are pleased that you have chosen to come to Michael Community College. I have few things to discuss but today I will talk about only three things, instructors, getting help when needed, and text books.
    First of all, my staff and I would like to welcome all of you to Michael Community College. My name is Anna Joseph. I am Assistant School Director. We hope you had a terrific summer and are excited about the start of fall classes. Most importanly, we are pleased that you have chosen to come to Michael Community College. I have a few things to discuss, but today I will talk about only three things: instructors, getting help when needed, and textbooks.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lindalinda1228 View Post
    In that matter Our instructors are looking forward to assist and helping you to achieve your goals.
    You are going to teach them how to make friends? (I suppose you could have teachers show them around the place, but don't they have other things to do?)

Last edited by RonBee; 28-Aug-2009 at 19:43.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like