Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Letter to school in KL

Hello,
    I need to write a letter to school principle to extend the hours of classes of my child. I have a first draft but if you can help me improve it in any way please do so.

Thanks,

Rasha

The letter:

Dear Mrs. Chalcraf,

I hope this letter finds you in the best of health and in a good mood.

As you know, both my kids are attending your esteemed school , Shahad who is now in the second grade is very excited and is promising outstanding results. Ali is very enthusiastic and can't believe that he was accepted in your school.

Although both my kids are making the best of their time in your school, I and a no. of other families who attend your school are encountering one specific problem which is the time difference between the end of class sessions for elementary and reception year. As you know, many of the parents are working and it is really difficult for working parents to leave work twice to pick up children at two different times. Though not all are privileged to have drivers and access to school transport, we were wondering if you can find it in your good self to find a solution to this problem. If you can find a way, to extend reception hours until 2 in the afternoon instead of 12 so we can pick both or all of our kids at one time.

We all thrive to be the best in our work and in our daily lives. Your time and effort to help make this possible is very much appreciated.

Regards

Rasha A. Malik
    Also agreed by mothers who would like to extend the hours,

Jagdeeb Morat
    Joanna Dougall
    Zarina Josaph

sarat_106 is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Letter to school in KL

Quote Originally Posted by Rashaa View Post
    Hello,
    I need to write a letter to school principle to extend the hours of classes of my child. I have a first draft but if you can help me improve it in any way please do so.

Thanks,

Rasha

The letter:
    Dear Mrs. Chalcraf,

I hope this letter finds you in the best of your health and spirits (in a good mood).

As you may be aware (know), both my kids are studying in (attending) your esteemed school , Shahad continuing (who is now) in the second grade is very excited and has a (is) promising and outstanding results. Ali is very enthusiastic and can't believe that he has been (was) accepted in your school.

Although both my kids are making the best of their time in your school, I and a no. of other parents (families) whose children attend your school are encountering one specific problem which is the time gap (difference) between the end of class sessions for elementary and the reception period/year. As you know, many of the parents are working and it is really difficult for the working parents to leave work twice to pick up children at two different times. Though not all are privileged to have drivers and access to school transport, we wander (were wondering) if (you find it in) your good self can to find a solution to this problem. If you think it to be not too inconvenient for you (can find a way,) to extend reception hours until 2 in the afternoon instead of 12, (so) we can pick both or all of our kids at one time.

We all thrive to be the best in our work and in our daily lives. Your time and effort to help make this possible will be (is) very much appreciated.

Regards

Rasha A. Malik
    Also agreed by mothers who would like to extend the hours,

Jagdeeb Morat
    Joanna Dougall
    Zarina Josaph
    Welcome to the forum. Your text has been modified with suggetion to delete some words underlined in brackets.