Hybrid View

hadleyman Guest

Default Are These Good Tesol/tefl Online Distance Learning Schools?

> English Training Centre (Birmingham)
    > Eurolink/Training Link International (Sheffield)
    > Intesol (Knutsford, Cheshire)

Can anyone give me any advice/lowdown/comment on the relative merits, performance etc. of these UK-based TESOL/TEFL distance learning training schools?

I've researched quite extensively into various distance learning/online schools (to try and avoid the cowboys) and these three seem to come out top - all of them offering a Level 2 teaching certificate course of at least 150 hours (for a reasonable price) and all of them accredited by either ACTDEC or the College of Teachers (or in the case of Eurolink/Training Link, both accrediting bodies).
    The courses are also eligible for the Teaching Practice Portfolio Scheme (run by ACTDEC) which awards a recognised Certificate of Teaching Practice Development after completing a four-month development practicum whilst in a teaching job [see the link http://www.traininglinkonline.co.uk/teaching.html]

If anyone out there has experience/knowledge of these schools (whether good or bad) I'd be very grateful to know as I will make a final decision on a course provider soon with the intention of starting a course in March 2005.

Many many thanks

Graham Hadley
    Last edited by Red5; 14-Feb-2005 at 17:18. Reason: Email removed

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Are These Good Tesol/tefl Online Distance Learning Schools?

Of the two bodies, I'd go more for the College of Teachers, which is recognised by the British Council, who carry a lot of weight: http://www.collegeofteachers.ac.uk/t...reditation.htm