Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help my writing

• Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Help my writing

Dear all, help me to find mistake in my writing.

" This paper consists of two parts. In first part, authors gave an approach to inertial manifolds for nonautonomous dynamical systems. Their result on the existence of inertial manifolds rely on two geometrical assumptions, called cone invariance and squeezing property. Beside that, conditions which ensure the global pullback attractor is contained in the inertial manifold are also given.

In this second part of the paper, they considered special nonautonomous dynamical systems, namely processes (or two-parameter semi-flows). This is a first application in approach and comparison with known results they verify the assumptions for semilinear nonautonomous evolution equations whose linear part satisfies an exponential dichotomy condition and whose nonlinear part is globally bounded and globally Lipschitz."

I am looking forward to listening your comments.

Thank you very much.

With best wishes,

Hoc.

• Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Help my writing

Hello everybody,

I have two paragraphs, help me to prepair them, please. Thank you very much.

1. "This paper talk about normal form of duffing-van der Pol oscillator under nonautonomous parametric perturbations. The author gave a new generalization of Poincarés normal form theory to nonautonomous differential equations applied to the Duffing-van der Pol oscillator under a nonautonomous bounded parametric perturbation. The nonautonomous normal form is calculated for parameter values corresponding to the pitchfork scenario. In this paper, the author used the computer algebra program Maple to effort accomplish the enormous computational. Finally, the author also indicate application of the normal form, which can be used to the study nonautonomous bifurcation phenomena".

2. "This paper introduced about the dichotomy spectrum for linear dunamic equations in on a time scale T (e. g. T=Z or ). This new spectrum consists of at most N closed intervals of the real line. In the autonomous cases with these intervals reduce to the real parts of the eigenvalues of A. In any cases the spectral intervals are associated with invariant vector boundles comprising solutions with a common exponential growth rate. A spectral theorem, which desribes all possible forms of the dichotomy spectrum, is the main result of this paper".

Have a nice day to you.

Hoc.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help my writing

"This paper consists of two parts. In the first part, authors gave give an approach to inertial manifolds for nonautonomous dynamical systems. Their result on the existence of inertial manifolds rely [results...rely or result...relies -- both seem OK here] on two geometrical assumptions, called cone invariance and the squeezing property. Beside that ["Additionally" or "Furthermore" work nicely here], conditions which ensure the global pullback attractor is contained in the inertial manifold are also given.

In this second part of the paper, they considered consider special nonautonomous dynamical systems, namely processes (or two-parameter semi-flows). This is a first application in approach and comparison with known results [this simply makes no sense] they verify the assumptions for semilinear nonautonomous evolution equations whose linear part satisfies an exponential dichotomy condition and whose nonlinear part is globally bounded and globally Lipschitz."
    Just trying to help.

Greg

• Post Thanks / Like

1. "This paper talk talks about the normal form of a/the Duffing-van der Pol oscillator under nonautonomous parametric perturbations. The author gave gives a new generalization of Poincaré's normal form theory to nonautonomous differential equations applied to the Duffing-van der Pol oscillator under a nonautonomous bounded parametric perturbation. The nonautonomous normal form is calculated for parameter values corresponding to the pitchfork scenario. In this paper, the author used uses the computer algebra (?) program Maple to effort accomplish the enormous computational [how about "to handle the enormous computational requirements."] Finally, the author also indicate [shows the...; demonstrates the...(?)] application of the normal form, which can be used to the study nonautonomous bifurcation phenomena."

2. "This paper introduced introduces about the dichotomy spectrum for linear dunamic dynamic equations in on a time scale T (e. g. e.g. [no space] T=Z or ). This new spectrum consists of at most N closed intervals of the real line. In the autonomous cases with these intervals reduce to the real parts of the eigenvalues of A. In any cases [In any case? In many cases?] the spectral intervals are associated with invariant vector boundles [bundles(?)] comprising solutions with a common exponential growth rate. A spectral theorem, which desribes describes all possible forms of the dichotomy spectrum, is the main result of this paper."
    I'm getting all misty-eyed here. I majored in math at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (a l-o-n-g time ago). Go Illini!

Greg

P.S. Here's a tip: It's better if you don't add a second part to your own post. That makes it appear as if it's been answered, and many teachers will pass it by. Just create a second post. Many of us go down the list looking for 0's in the replies column, and don't bother with posts that appear to have been "answered."
    Last edited by dragn; 10-Sep-2009 at 09:53.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for your comments, Greg.

Best regards,

Hoc.

• Post Thanks / Like

Repair my grammar

Hello everybody,

Today, I have two paragraphs, help me to repair them. Thank you very much.

1. The authors introduced a new self-contained and rigorous proof of the smoothness of invariant fiber bundles for dynamical equations on measure chains or time Scales, where an invariant fiber bundle is the generalization of an invariant manifold to the non-autonomous case. The main result generalizes in this paper is the "Hadmard-Perron-Theorem" to the time-dependent, infinite-dimensional, non-invertible and parameter-dependent case, in which the linear part is not neccessarily hyperboloic with variable growth rates. Their proof didn't use to be complicated technical tools.
    2. In this paper, the quthors wrote reviews for the recent notion of a motonomous dynamical system (NDS), which has been introduced as an abstraction of both random dynamical systems and continuous skew product flows. They focus on fundamental analogies and discrepancies brought about by these two principal classes of NDS. Additionally, they discussed base dynamics main through almost periodicity and autonomorphy, and they also emphasize the importance of these concepts for NDS which are generated by differenrtial and difference equations. THey presented means of selected examples about nonautonomous dynamics. Finally, they mention several natural yet unresolved questions.
    Have a happy day to you.

With best wishes,

Hoc.

• Post Thanks / Like

P.S. Here's a tip: It's better if you don't add a second part to your own post. That makes it appear as if it's been answered, and many teachers will pass it by. Just create a second post. Many of us go down the list looking for 0's in the replies column, and don't bother with posts that appear to have been "answered."
    Underline the part of the above that seems confusing.

Greg

P.S. I'm not trying to be difficult here, but if you do what I suggested above and post this as a new question, a lot more people will see your post and you'll be much more likely to get a response from someone. Unless, of course, the idea is that you expect me to be your personal online writing consultant from now on...because that's not gonna happen. Sorry.
    Last edited by dragn; 12-Sep-2009 at 07:28.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

• Post Thanks / Like

Your paper seems to be interesting htienganh, why don't you post it all?
    I mean the current complete text.

Oh, don't you forget to mention dragn in the aknowlegment part!!

• Post Thanks / Like

don't you forget to mention dragn in the aknowlegment part!!
    Hey, don't laugh...it wouldn't be the first time! Many years ago I had a "cram school" teacher here in Taiwan mention me in the acknowledgements for proofreading her Master's thesis in American Literature. It's a little sad when I realize that's about my closest brush with academic acclaim.

Oh well, I never looked good in tweed anyway.

Greg

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dragn View Post
    Hey, don't laugh...it wouldn't be the first time! Many years ago I had a "cram school" teacher here in Taiwan mention me in the acknowledgements for proofreading her Master's thesis in American Literature. It's a little sad when I realize that's about my closest brush with academic acclaim.

Oh well, I never looked good in tweed anyway.

Greg
    Oh dragn, although you cannot hear it, you indeed left me laughing on the floor (LOTF). Hey, if that's a problem I can provide you with tons of academic proofreading texts (LOL).

PS Thanks for the "cram school" term (Cram school - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). That is a term I really needed to ask here but didn't even how to begin my question. When a native sneezes the ESL learns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast