1-a & d
- For Teachers
Would you please tell me which of my choices would you rule out ?
1) Will you a) COME / b) BE COMING to the concert this evening ? If so, we c) WILL MEET / d) WILL BE MEETING (?) you there.
2) I’d rather you didn’t call tomorrow afternoon. I shall BE ENTERTAINING visitors.
3) What do you think you WILL BE DOING at this time next year ?
4) Listeners who missed any of these talks may LIKE to know that we shall a) REPEAT / b) BE REPEATING (?) the whole series during the next four weeks.
5) I a) WILL SEE / b) WILL BE SEEING him next week, so I WILL MENTION it to him then.
6) I shall BE WORKING late at the office this evening, so I WON’T GET home till about ten.
7) You WILL DISAPPOINT her if you don’t go. Now that you’ve promised, she WILL BE EXPECTING you.
8) Do you think they WILL STILL BE WAITING for us when we get there? Oh, yes. They WILL not GO till we arrive.
9) We can’t MAKE any definite plans for October, because we may a) MOVE / b) BE MOVING house then.
10) When you arrive at the airport, an escort will BE WAITING for you. You WILL RECOGNIZE him very easily. He will BE WEARING a dark green suit and a yellow tie.
Thanks for all!
1-a & d
Would you please have a look at my answers ?
1) Put the bracketed verbs in the appropriate future forms:
The national championships (1. be) ……. is in two months. I (2. be) ……. will have been in hard training for just over fourteen weeks by then. When I say hard I mean it. I estimate that I (3. do) … will have done about four and a thousand laps of the track in my fourteen-week training period. Young athletes from all over the country (4. attend) …… will be attending (is there a word missing here?), all of whom (5. hope) …… will be hoping, just like me, to impress the national coaches. I’ve been thinking about what I (6. do) …… am going to do / will be doing before the races (7. start) ……. start. People say you have to put the crowd and other competitors out of your mind. Coaches tell you not to think about winning, just running. My parents (8. be) ….. will be / are going to be there to watch me. I hope I (9. be) … will be able to do my best because their help has been so important and I (10. like / really) ……. would really like to make them proud of me. I (11. know) …. won’t know until next week, when we (12. start) … will start timing my runs seriously xxx what chance of winning I (13. have) …… will have. My friends say I am an optimist and even though it (14. be) ….. is going to be my first time at a big competition such as this, I think I can likely get one of the three first places.
Thank you very much for your help,
4- no word missing- what did you think was missing? You don't have to have to have a pronoun there, if that was what you had in mind.
And what about this sentence ? Is there something missing, because I didn't understand it.
I (11. know) …. won’t know until next week, when we (12. start) … will start timing my runs seriously [..?..] what chance of winning I (13. have) …… will have.
Are all my tenses correct ?
Try, 'when we start timing'. Also, what's the "xxx" stand for?
Nothing in fact, I just thought that I needed to add something there.
Thanks for all.