code7 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Personal Statement help [Network computing]

hey

i'd be very grateful if someone could check over my personal statement, and give some hints, and corrections, if need be.

This is only the first draft, and so there are certain bits that need to be added in, but this is a basis of my personal statement.

cheers.

Personal Statement

Computer Technology has been growing rapidly for the last decade, And its importance to the modern world has led to me pursue it to a higher level.

I have been interested in computer technology from a very early age, and I’m eager to further my knowledge, and keep up with advances in the world of computing. My growing interest for computing first began when I was 13; I built my own computer, learning from the bottom up, primarily about the hardware needed. Since then i have built several computers for family and friends, as well as also learning in more depth about a range of computer area’s, ranging through components, servers, networks and programming – I have learnt the HTML language to an adequate level, and i’m also starting to delve into trickier, and more intriguing programming languages such as C++. I’m constantly enthusiastic about continuing to develop my computer skills by researching, reading magazines – ‘CustomPC’, visiting technology stores, and discussing amongst friends.

I ran a gaming community forum board for 1 year, and sold webhosting for several months, by splitting up a dedicated server and selling both Virtual servers and shared hosting plans. Although recently, I have been using eBay to sell certain wholesale products – mostly computer software.

As well as broadening my computing skills in general, I would especially like to study the use of servers, networks and security within IT at university. The interest of networks has really been because of its huge importance with communication throughout computers and other devices. Also just because it is a subject area that

I chose subjects Maths, ICT and Biology for both my AS and A2 levels at Sixth form. ICT has undoubtedly been helpful to learn and develop computer skills, and maths being very useful for the numerical, and problem solving side of computing.

Although im avid with computing, I am also quite a sports-oriented person. I play many sports, though namely table tennis, tennis and football – I would be interested in joining and taking part in certain sporting activities around the university.

thank you
    ~nick

masood_mj is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Personal Statement help [Network computing]

Computer technology has been growing rapidly for the last decade, and its importance to the modern world has led to me pursue it for a higher level.

I have been interested in computer technology from a very early age, and I am eager to further my knowledge, and keep up with advances in the world of computing. My growing interest for computing first began when I was 13; I built my own computer, learning from the bottom up, primarily about the hardware needed. Since then i have built several computers for family and friends, as well as also while learning in more depth about a range of computer area’s the vastness of computer fields: ranging through components, servers, and networks to programming – I have learned the HTML language to an adequate level, and I am also starting to delve into trickier, and more intriguing programming languages such as C++. I am constantly enthusiastic about continuing to develop my computer skills by researching, reading magazines – ‘CustomPC’, visiting technology stores, and discussing amongst friends.

I ran a gaming community forum board for one year, and sold webhosting for several months, by splitting up a dedicated server and selling both Virtual servers and shared hosting plans. Although However, recently, I have been using eBay to sell certain wholesale products – mostly computer software.

ok. that was a little grammatical errors in the essay. You have a good background and you should try to show it better. Work more on the first paragraph to tell something eye catching. The first paragraph is the most important one where you must present yourself and encorage the reader to read other paragraphs. In the last paragraph, I also thing you should tell why you have chosen that university or center and how its unique characteristics could help you reach your goals.