abiojo Guest

Default Revolutionary teaching method

I am an English teacher and I invented a method, which I have registered as Instanglish, to teach or learn reading and writing skills faster and easier than with any other way I know. It is practically instant learning.
    Instanglish has been field tested for more than six years with more than one thousand students and over 90% results. It is good for children and adults alike.
    A company from Australia already made an evaluation of it and concluded that it is marketable; however their fees to start are rather too high for me.
    I would like your help to guide me as to whom should I contact to market it worldwide.
    Angel Biojo: EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Revolutionary teaching method

Quote Originally Posted by abiojo
    I am an English teacher and I invented a method, which I have registered as Instanglish, to teach or learn reading and writing skills faster and easier than with any other way I know. It is practically instant learning.
    I learned to read and write by reading and writing. Is there a better way?

Quote Originally Posted by abiojo
    Instanglish has been field tested for more than six years with more than one thousand students and over 90% results.
    What happened to the other ten percent?

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends what form it is that you want to market. If it is teaching materials or texts about the method, then contact publishers. there are many big publishers, like Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, Longman, etc.

if it's an unusual or radically different method, then a publisher dedicated to promoting new methods might be better, like LTP.

You could also contact journals, etc.

You could also start spreading the word and some of the ideas on the web in places like this or Dave's ESL cafe.

Without giving anything away, could you let us know a bit more.

However, there have been many new methods that have failed to take off because the market tends to be conservative. Superlearning, also known as Suggestopedie, is one such method, as are the th Silent Way, Total Physical Response and others. They were all heralded as the next big thing, but failed to break into the mainstream. However, many found niche markets. Many years ago I trained in Suggestopedia and am glad I did as I found the ideas stimulating and different, although I believe it fails to live up to its claims about speed of learning.

To get acceptance, you will have to make sure that the statistics you mention have been independently audited to gain acceptability, which would mean that they would have to be peer reviewed and examined. You wil need to get academics involved for them to be accepted as facts rather than advertising hype.

I wish you every luck, but do be prepared to see many people not show much belief or interst. Sadly, there is much cynicism about new methods and many are ready to criticise before they know much.

The new approaches and ideas coming out of the Lexical Approach have found it very difficult to gain acceptance. There are many, many conservative views about language and education and you will need a lot to get over them. Every day on the internet, I see people who rejct new ideas and seem incapable of even considering them, even though these people are serious and well-informed. Once again, good luck. If you are right, however, you should keep to your beliefs.