Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77
  1. Mad-ox's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 3,471
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #11

    Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Many learn it for their work.
    ....and many learn it to work with it. In other words, they are translators.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 44,225
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #12

    Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

    It can be a legal requirement for some positions.

  2. Gdynianka's Avatar

    • Join Date: Mar 2009
    • Posts: 21
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #13

    Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

    I started learning English because my parents want that. For many years I hated learn English. I found it diffucult and boring. But when i started wark,I found English language very usefull and necesarry.
    For me, what I like in English language, is that most people speak English and it is much easier to communicate when you know English.
    In my country - Poland, there is very diffucult to find good jo, even any job, without knowing foreign language.
    I am interested in photography. Most of websides about taking photos is in English. I can learn a lot abot it when I know English.
    Last edited by Gdynianka; 20-Oct-2009 at 22:28. Reason: correct mistakes

  3. Mad-ox's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 3,471
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #14

    Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gdynianka View Post
    I started learning English because my parents want that. For many years I hated learn English. I found it diffucult and boring. But when i started wark,I found English language very usefull and necesarry.
    For me, what I like in English language, is that most people speak English and it is much easier to communicate when you know English.
    In my country - Poland, there is very diffucult to find good jo, even any job, without knowing foreign language.
    I am interested in photography. Most of websides about taking photos is in English. I can learn a lot abot it when I know English.

    Thank you Gdynianka for sharing your opinion about this topic;

    best,

    Madox

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

    • Join Date: Apr 2009
    • Posts: 9,315
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #15

    Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

    Hi Mad-Ox!

    I am learning English to broaden my horizons... and, I confess, to get a promotion at work!

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

    • Join Date: Jun 2009
    • Posts: 1,512
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #16

    Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

    We study it because we love it and because we love to.

  4. Mad-ox's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 3,471
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #17

    Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ymnisky View Post
    We study it because we love it and because we love to.


    EXCELLENT!

  5. Mad-ox's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 3,471
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #18

    Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hortence View Post
    Hi Mad-Ox!

    I am learning English to broaden my horizons... and, I confess, to get a promotion at work!


    ...........then you have a double reason.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

    • Join Date: Oct 2009
    • Posts: 1
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #19

    Smile Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

    Hi! I am 40.I am learning ENGLISH for myself .I like it. I am reading books in English -for pleasure and I am listening to music.It is great .

  6. Mad-ox's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 3,471
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #20

    Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

    Quote Originally Posted by kasia6623 View Post
    Hi! I am 40.I am learning ENGLISH for myself .I like it. I am reading books in English -for pleasure and I am listening to music.It is great .



    Nice!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Grammar] don't sign nothing
    By Unregistered in forum Frequently Asked Questions
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 04-Jun-2010, 02:25
  2. How does an English club in your area work?
    By sympathy in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-Nov-2008, 15:19
  3. What is an english corner?
    By Guest in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-Oct-2008, 01:20
  4. Is it right?
    By Genrikh in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-Dec-2005, 16:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •