• Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: REASONS FOR LEARNING ENGLISH!?

A teacher should adopt a fair attitude, when it comes to making any form of assessment or evaluations.

Post Thanks / Like

While it is true that many people are learning Mandarin in hopes of doing business in Mainland China, the Chinese are also learning English at the same time to do business with international firms. It's been estimated by a few economists that within a few years, China will have more English-speaking people than the U.S.

ilovepsycho is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kotter View Post
    While it is true that many people are learning Mandarin in hopes of doing business in Mainland China, the Chinese are also learning English at the same time to do business with international firms. It's been estimated by a few economists that within a few years, China will have more English-speaking people than the U.S.
    I agree with you, and that's one of why we are studying Englsih, not Mandarin (I am not saying which language is superior or inferior, and I hope you don't misunderstand.) English will be a shared language in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Article marketing is increasing nowdays to market your product.To write a nice article one should good in english .

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExpertAdvertisingSolution View Post
    Article marketing is increasing nowdays to market your product.To write a nice article one should good in english .
    Welcome to the forum. I hope your advertising solutions contain better grammar than this

Nightmare85 is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My main reasons:

- communication with players in online games
    - forums
    - chat
    - summer vacation

Furthermore, the more languages you master, the better chances you have to find a job.
    Being unable to start the dream job because you don't understand the language is a "nightmare"

Another good thing:
    Sometimes you buy a device and its manual is only in English.
    Or you import a game, a move, or whatever because you are able to understand the language.
    If you aren't able, you have to wait until it gets released in your country.
    Bad-luck if it never gets released

I guess I could find many more reasons, but I must go now.

By the way:
    English is the only lesson (I'm talking about the school) which always helps me.
    Plenty of other lessons have never helped me so far...

English

Cheers!

Nannou is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Tunisia
      • Current Location:
      • Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally decided to learn and study English 15 years ago. It was my first English lesson then. The teacher had a very adorable accent. She started by talking about the importance of the English language in our modern world. She also told us about her training in England before graduating as an English teacher. That's how I was hooked.
    I was very impressed by the way English words were pronounced (in comparison to French).
    Few years after, I fulfilled my dream and I did my training in ENGLAND. It was very enjoyable for me to learn English and imitate the way natives pronounce words.
    Though I am now a teacher of English I do believe that I am still a learner (as it appears in my above profile) because there are lots and lots of things which are worth to be learnt in this language. I always enjoy learning new words and structures and feel very proud of learning English.

It is thanks to English that I now have a job as it is very difficult (nowadays) for anyone to find a rewarding job. That's why I want to thank all my teachers and especially English teachers whether in school or in university for all their efforts to shape my knowledge.

Thanks a bunch to Madox for this thread and to all UE members, moderators and administrators for giving me (us) such a valuable opportunity to express myself in English and learn more about this adorable language.

Post Thanks / Like

English is good to know, but it is a bad language. There are too many rules and exceptions.
    This is the pathetic structure as you progress as an English student And trust me, this true. I live in the United States.

basic > intermediate > advance > intermediate > basic

We first start with being verbose, then we make our writing as clear and concise as possible (basic English).

Abstract Idea is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rws_killer5 View Post
    English is good to know, but it is a bad language. There are too many rules and exceptions.
    This is the pathetic structure as you progress as an English student And trust me, this true. I live in the United States.

We first start with being verbose, then we make our writing as clear and concise as possible (basic English).
    I couldn't understand your idea quite well. Maybe you could kindly rephrase it?

brainslush is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rws_killer5 View Post

I can't agree with that. There aren't many and exceptions. I loved and still love it to learn English because for me it's a well structured language which contains just a few irregular verbs ans terms. Compared to other european languages like German or Spanish, English is lika a blessing.
    My mother tongue is German and right now i'm trying to get rid of Spanish but I allready live three months in Spain and I still feel not even a bit comfortable with Spanish due to the fact that the grammer is a nightmare compared with the english grammer.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast