Post Thanks / Like

Question Hi I need help with four types of conditionals

HI I need to try and complete these but need help. I have to look at the four types of conditionals and example sentences and match them to the 4 choices of functions:

1.Zero conditional. E.g. If the temperature drops below 0 Celsius water freezes. (I believe this A to be the answer)
    2.1st conditional, E.g. If I save enough money, I will travel to China. (I believe this A be the answer)
    3.2nd conditional, E.g. If I knew English; I would get a better job. (I believe this B to be the answer)
    4.3rd conditional, E.g. If you’d taken advice, you wouldn’t have run into all that trouble. (I believe this D to be the answer)

a)Is used for future possibilities/probabilities or to give warnings, promises or threats.
    b)Is used for hypothetical situations in the past (i.e. situations which you can no longer change).
    c)Is used for general truths, or actions which happen all the time.
    d)Is used for present or future situations which are unlikely or imaginary or to give advice.
    Can anyone help me?

Marise is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hi I need help with four types of conditionals

Quote Originally Posted by tonyheaney View Post
    HI I need to try and complete these but need help. I have to look at the four types of conditionals and example sentences and match them to the 4 choices of functions:

1.Zero conditional. E.g. If the temperature drops below 0 Celsius water freezes. (I believe this A to be the answer)
    2.1st conditional, E.g. If I save enough money, I will travel to China. (I believe this A be the answer)
    3.2nd conditional, E.g. If I knew English; I would get a better job. (I believe this B to be the answer)
    4.3rd conditional, E.g. If you’d taken advice, you wouldn’t have run into all that trouble. (I believe this D to be the answer)

a)Is used for future possibilities/probabilities or to give warnings, promises or threats.
    b)Is used for hypothetical situations in the past (i.e. situations which you can no longer change).
    c)Is used for general truths, or actions which happen all the time.
    d)Is used for present or future situations which are unlikely or imaginary or to give advice.
    Can anyone help me?
    Hi there Tony !
    I suppose the right matches are:
    1 - C
    2 - A
    3 - D
    4 - B