This time, match the sentences which are the Past Simple tense to their uses.
1) I wish I lived in Paris. (is it B )
2) She confessed that she didn’t know how to cook. (is it is F)
3) The countries were at war with each other for three years. ( is it C)
4) If I knew the subject better, I wouldn’t be so nervous about the exam. (is it D)
5) He usually took a bus to work. (is it A)
6) The newlyweds went on a cruise. (is it E)
a) Past habit
b) Past regret/wish
c) Past state
d) Second conditional used for hypothetical situations
e) Completed action
f) Reported speech
NOTE: all the answers came from a drop doing multiple choice questions and not from A, B, C etc. This is just my view of the answers in nice tidy form.