Thread: need some help

Ziogas is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need some help

I need some corrections... Thank you in advance

You have seen an advertisement for a weekend job as a local tour guide showing visitors around your city.
    a)give your reasons for wanting the job
    b)explain why you think you can do the job
    c)describe any relevant experience you have

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply for a job of a tour guide. I have seen an advertisement for a weekend job in a daily newspaper.
    I consider being likely candidate for this job. For instants, I have good communication skills; I am reliable and self-confident. First of all, I have been living in this city for 18 years and I know lots of interesting places that could be visited. In addition, I am very interested in a history of my country, so I can provide a lot of interesting and significant information about my city’s antecedent. Moreover, last years I was a tour guide for my relatives that visited my family at the summer time, thus, I managed to show them all the sightworthy places and they were pleased of my knowledge of the city.

I hope you will consider my candidature for this job and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
    Ellen.

1984law is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: need some help

Quote Originally Posted by Ziogas View Post
    I need some corrections... Thank you in advance

You have seen an advertisement for a weekend job as a local tour guide showing visitors around your city.
    a)give your reasons for wanting the job
    b)explain why you think you can do the job
    c)describe any relevant experience you have

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply for the job of the tour guide.( the job is specific) I have seen the advertisement about a weekend job in a daily newspaper.
    I would like to apply for the job.because, I have good communication skills; I am reliable and self-confident. Most importantl, I have been living in this city for 18 years and I know lots of interesting places that are worth visited. In addition, I am very interested in the history of my country, so I can provide a lot of interesting and significant information about my city’s history. I have already practised being a tour guide as last year tourguiding my relatives that visited my family last summer . I believe I have succeeded in showing them all the sightseens and I think they were quite satisfied.

I hope you will consider me a candidate for this job.

Yours sincerely,
    Ellen.
    Dear Helen,
    that is how I would apply for a job. Some of my corrections are grammar mistakes and some of them have to do with the use of English.
    Hope I have been of help.
    Good luck!