how much is traditional grammar effective especially in present era where more attenion is focused on funtional grammar?
In many ways, there has been little impact on the teaching of grammar- if anything, the pendulum is swinging back towards traditional grammar in much of the UK.
- What do you mean by 'traditional grammar'?
- What do you mean by effective'?
- How long is 'the present era'? Do you mean 'Nowadays'?
- Whose attention is focused, by whom, and in what way?
- What do you mean by 'functional grammar'? Are you talking about Halliday, or do you just mean 'getting things done'?
This makes your question good for opening up debate. To that extent, it's also good for persuading me to concentrate on the cricket.