• Ethiopia
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please check for me

Hi,
    Would you please check the following writing for me? Thank you

What I Feel About Writing

I feel writing can be very helpful. My feelings about writing have changed on a yearly basis. However, neither in school life nor in day-to-day life I was not disciplined writer. Guess what? Now, I am trying to change my attitude towards to writing whenever it takes to get to use in. I am not feeing the same way as I did before.

While I am not getting the full benefit of writing, I have seen so many ways going on involving writing between email, texts and Tweets, our society spends a lot of time communicating via the written word. People spend more time writing in their professional and their personal lives than we probably imagined we would back school.

Here I am back to school taking writing course after four years away from it. The fact that I am back to school made me realize the importance of writing. I still have a chance to be a better expressing my self in writing than any other way and get a butter translation when I read what other say rather than hearing them speak.

As I learn from what I have seen, writing can be a great tool to help you know more about the way you think, writing can solidify ideas and thoughts and allow you more to reflect on them better than if the ideas remained evolving in your mind. Also, writing helps you learn how to form language, how to spell, how to put together a plot. You learn how to make a logical argument, or how to persuade, mainly through writing. Speaking can help you learn those things as well. That is exactly what I am going to get it. I believe that small changes make an enormous impact.

Since I decided to go back to school, I write in a journal regularly, I attempt to write poetry, and I also write many short stories of my life experience. I am most grateful for learning more about writing, and abilities as a writer, during the past few weeks than in my whole lifetime. I have come to believe that learning to writing well is important and necessary; for writing is used by everyone, everywhere, everybody and I am more than satisfied with my progress.

Thereís no particular time for me to write, I can write any time in the day. I write whenever I feel like to I keep getting ideas to write about different things and whenever I feel that idea has been properly organized in my mind, I begin to write it I usually get ideas to write from my surroundings, from life itself, or from my personal experiences.

Writing is how much of the world communicates. If you don't write, you cut yourself off from a large community. It is one of my greatest desires to write English confidently. I must admit that many years ago I should have done this, however itís never too late to begin writing.

jkl is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please check for me

Do you read a lot? People suggest to read a lot if you want to have good ideas to write about. I find writing is a very difficult thing to do. I also want to improve my writing. I need to comunicate in writing in my daily life. But I can't go to school to take english classes. I don't know if there is any free writing school available on line. "Using english" is a very good source of improving our skills. I have posted many of my writings to proof read. Teachers are excellent here. But I think I need to practice it a lot and I should do it every day like the way you are doing. That was a nice article. I don't have the skills to correct it if there is any errors. I hope somebody will proof read it for you.

Best wishes in your writing progress.

Raymott is online now VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tes View Post
    Hi,
    Would you please check the following writing for me? Thank you

What I Feel About Writing

I feel writing can be very helpful. My feelings about writing have changed on a yearly basis. [Surely not that regularly! (By regular, I don't mean frequent) This phrasing tends to indicate that on the same date each year, your ideas about writing change] My feelings about writing change a lot over the years, and are still changing.

However, neither in school life nor in day-to-day life I was not was I a disciplined writer.
    You have too many negatives here. I hope you understand the reversed verb/subject construction.
    Guess what? Now, I am trying to change my attitude towards to writing whenever it takes to get to use in. ?whenever I get the opportunity ?however long it takes to become good at it. I'm not sure what you really mean here.
    I am not feeing the same way as I did before.

While I am not getting the full benefit of writing, I have seen so many ways going on involving writing between email, texts and Tweets, our society spends a lot of time communicating via the written word. People spend more time writing in their professional and their personal lives than we probably imagined we would back in school.

Here I am back at school taking a writing course after four years away from it. The fact that I am back to school made me realize the importance of writing. I still have a chance to be better at expressing myself in writing than any other way and [get a better translation] understand better when I read what others say rather than hearing them speak.

As I learn from what I have seen, writing can be a great tool to help you know more about the way you think, writing can solidify ideas and thoughts and allow you more to reflect on them better than if the ideas remained evolving in your mind. Also, writing helps you learn how to form language, how to spell, how to put together a plot. You learn how to make a logical argument, or how to persuade, mainly through writing. Speaking can help you learn those things as well. That is exactly what I am going to get it. I believe that small changes make an enormous impact.

Since I decided to go back to school, I write in a journal regularly, I attempt to write poetry, and I also write many short stories of my life experience. I am most grateful for learning more about writing, and abilities as a writer, during the past few weeks than in my whole lifetime. I have come to believe that learning to writing well is important and necessary; for writing is used by everyone, everywhere, everybody and I am more than satisfied with my progress.

Thereís no particular time for me to write, I can write any time in the day. I write whenever I feel like to I keep getting ideas to write about different things and whenever I feel that idea has been properly organized in my mind, I begin to write it I usually get ideas to write from my surroundings, from life itself, or from my personal experiences.

Writing is how much of the world communicates. If you don't write, you cut yourself off from a large community. It is one of my greatest desires to write English confidently. I must admit that many years ago I should have done this, however itís never too late to begin writing.
    I haven't corrected it all. You will improve with experience. Why not post some of your poems to the Poetry forum?

Tes is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Amharic
      • Home Country:
      • Ethiopia
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for all your corrections and editing.

I appreciate that.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Amharic
      • Home Country:
      • Ethiopia
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How about if a change the first paragraph like this? Thank you

I feel writing can be very helpful. My feelings about writing change a lot over the years, and are still changing. I was not a kind of individual who writes a lot. I was not aware of the advantages that writing can bring me. Now I learned what writing means, I am trying to change my attitude towards writing by starting to put my thoughts and feelings in word. I regret the times I wasted by not writing but I feel itís never too late

Raymott is online now VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tes View Post
    How about if a change the first paragraph like this? Thank you

I feel writing can be very helpful. My feelings about writing change a lot over the years, and are still changing. I was not the kind of individual person who writes a lot, and was not aware of the advantages that writing could bring me. Now I've learned what writing means, I am trying to change my attitude towards writing by starting to put my thoughts and feelings into words. I regret the times I wasted by not writing but I feel itís never too late
    Try not to start too many sentences with "I". I know it's hard sometimes, especially when you're writing about yourself, but you can vary it.
    Also, you've over-used "writing". If you have to use the same word over and over, think of variants. "put my thoughts and feelings in
    to words" is one good variant.
    This is a much better opening.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Amharic
      • Home Country:
      • Ethiopia
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Please check for me

Thank you for all the help you have given me with my essay.