This dictionary gives two informal uses of "to nail" (but not "to have sex with")
- Informal to catch, capture, seize, or intercept
- Informal to hit squarely
I wonder if slangish speech just improvs expressions using "nail' in various extended senses of "capture" or "strike squarely."
- I nailed that jerk a good one right in the kisser.
- Brandon finally nailed a date with the cheerleader.
- The professor said my essay nailed it right on the head.
- The hunter nailed a deer with his first shot.
- I hope my apple butter nails a First at the County Fair.
- I nailed these shoes on sale at Sacs.
- I nailed the physics problem on my first try.
- For Teachers