mystical Guest

Default Please correct any mistakes.

This is my english homework, please correct als mistakes you can find......

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the ring

I’d like to tell you about a book, called ‘Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the ring’.
    It was written by John Ronald Revel Tolkien from 1917 till 1920. It is an adventure story set in ‘Middleearth’ an continent, which Tolkien invented. ‘Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring’ is the first one of an triology. The next two books are ‘Lord of the Rings: The two Towers’ and ‘Lord of the Rings: Return of the King’. Each book had been filmed by Peter Jackson and his Crew. Something about Tolkien, he was born in 1892 in Bloemfontein and died in 1973 in England. By trade he was linguist. He was Member in ‘New English Dictionary’ and later he became professor in English in Leeds University. In his books, there are two languages he created: ‘Sindarin’ and ‘Quenya’, two elf languages.
    Now something important of the story. The book deals with a very important subject, the one ring, there is a little poem at the first site of the book, which explains the story of the rings.
    ‘Three Rings for the Elven-Kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-Lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.’
    The ring got lost after the big war thousands of years ago, but he was found again, and now it is the task of nine companios to bring it back to Mordor, to destroy it in the flames of the destiny-mountain. The book begins with the story of the big war and tells something about the race ‘hobbits’. The hobbits, Frodo Beutlin, Sam Gamdschie, Bilbo Beutlin, are three of the characters, which are most important. Bilbo Beutlin found the ring and after a long time he bequeath it Frodo. Gandalf the ray is an wizzard which discerned, which ring Frodo owns and gave him the order to go to Elrond, the king of the Elves. The book plays in Middleearth, which is subdivided in a lot of parts. But I don’t want to tell to much about the story.
    This is one of the best books I’ve ever read, because the story is enchaining and the world and the characters are exiting and enthralling described. He battles are very detailed explained and there are so much races, elves, Dwarfs, Humans, Hobbits, Orks and so much more. Read it and you’ll see how much things are missing in the film, how detailed everything is describben and how much trouble Tolkien had to write this book.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please correct any mistakes.

I'm in a rush, but here are a few:
    an continent- a continent
    ‘Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring’ is the first one of an triology. - I'd say the first in/of a trilogy
    Each book had been filmed by Peter Jackson and his Crew- has been
    Something about Tolkien, he was born in 1892 - I don't like the start of this sentence. How about a new paragraph beginning Tolkein was born...
    By trade he was linguist.- I'd use profession not trade
    He was Member in ‘New English Dictionary’ - a Member (of what? the editorial committee??)