Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: One to One activity/game

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlispo View Post
    Hi Tony

You said that you've already had 2 attempts that cameback as too group based.

From reading what you're asking for, you've been asked to describe an Activate Study Engage session for your upper intermediate student about traveling.

Can you give any information about the activate session or the study session?

Why were the other 2 attempts that you made considered as being aimed towards groupwork? Perhaps you can put those up on the forum and let other people pick their brains over them - perhaps some other opinions can help guide you where you went wrong (not wrong but misguided shall we say?) with the first 2 attempts?

A friendly piece of advice , no-one needs to go blackbelt ninja with the emoticons to prove a point. Grow up a little mate.

And whats that about Nazi Germany? Dont try and make similitudes between someone expressing an opinion that displeases you and a fascist governement.

Hi newbe

thanks for the advise, it helped spark an idea or two.

as for the Germany remark i was only trying to express that its a free press and if i want to ask for help i will and wont be put down Chinese temimane sq way (my wife is Chinese so its ok LOL) no offence intended

tc

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One to One activity/game

Quote Originally Posted by tonyheaney View Post
    This is a forum that is designed to help those who are stuck and need general ideas and helpful hits, with the odd answer when needed. Everyone gets a mental block and stuck now and again itís nice to get another prospective, ever if someone offers that perspective.
    The first part is fine, the second is attempts to make your motive seem harmless as you're just getting the odd answer. And it's not the first time:

I donít want you to write it for me (but if you want I wonít stop you)
    (Emphasis mine)

And, of course, you can claim that this was just a joke and you never would have accepted it.

Hi I need some help correcting these, no matter which I choose I still get 13 out of a maximum of 25 (52%) I need to get at least 75%. I donít know what im doing wrong and I changed most of them but I still got 13 out of a maximum of 25. Can anyone genuinely help check where I went wrong?? Ive put my answers in bold. please be kind to an old guy
    Straight request for the answers in order to get a better mark by submitting other people's work as yours. Again, how would you distinguish this from cheating? Probably the same way by calling me a names and telling me to get off the site.

Please get off this site if you canít do or offer anything constructive in fact donít even waste your time and energy answering this post or others if youíre not going to be helpful or constructive.
    Well, thanks for the advice. It would be better, though, if you had the decency to remove your references to Germany and China, which some may well find distasteful or offensive, and having a Chinese wife does not, IMO, give you carte blanche anyway. Please replace them with general childish abuse about me.

BTW, you talk of a free press, but I did not try to censor you; I asked you to justify what you were doing and distinguish it from cheating. Calling me names and being rude about other nations isn't a particularly good way of doing that. You may believe it's just the 'odd answer' and a 'cry for help', but it is not. The only person trying to stifle and control the debate and flow of ideas here is you.

If you really believe that you are not cheating, why don't we submit a copy of every post you have made to your course provider and ask what they make of them? That way we can all sleep sound in our beds.

I have the feeling that even though you are totally innocent and wouldn't dream of doing such a thing, you might not take me up on the offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One to One activity/game

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    The first part is fine, the second is attempts to make your motive seem harmless as you're just getting the odd answer. And it's not the first time:

(Emphasis mine)

And, of course, you can claim that this was just a joke and you never would have accepted it.

Straight request for the answers in order to get a better mark by submitting other people's work as yours. Again, how would you distinguish this from cheating? Probably the same way by calling me a names and telling me to get off the site.

Well, thanks for the advice. It would be better, though, if you had the decency to remove your references to Germany and China, which some may well find distasteful or offensive, and having a Chinese wife does not, IMO, give you carte blanche anyway. Please replace them with general childish abuse about me.

BTW, you talk of a free press, but I did not try to censor you; I asked you to justify what you were doing and distinguish it from cheating. Calling me names and being rude about other nations isn't a particularly good way of doing that. You may believe it's just the 'odd answer' and a 'cry for help', but it is not. The only person trying to stifle and control the debate and flow of ideas here is you.

If you really believe that you are not cheating, why don't we submit a copy of every post you have made to your course provider and ask what they make of them? That way we can all sleep sound in our beds.

I have the feeling that even though you are totally innocent and wouldn't dream of doing such a thing, you might not take me up on the offer.
    if im honest i think ill take my business else where, nit picking is not for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2