Jonny0712 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help for a cover letter, please

hey guys, I am currently looking for job And I want u guys do me a favour on proofreading and make any corrections or some improvement on my covering letter.

Heaps of thanks to you guy..

Dear Sir/Madam

I wish to apply for the position of ‘Java Analyst Programmer / Developer’ as advertised on the web site jobsite.co.uk on the 10th October , 2009.

Having graduated from The University of Northumbria majoring in Software Engineering, I am now working as an IT volunteer at a reputable automotive company. In my current position, I am responsible for design, development and maintenance of the company website. I have also implemented an e-commerce system to the website and the sales have increased 10% compared to the previous two months.

I am a highly motivated person who works hard to accomplish my goal. Also I am detail oriented and able to work under pressure. I want the opportunity to expand on my understanding of software development and professional skills in IT. I am keen to learn new technologies and to improve and maintain on my existing skills.

With my relevant working experience and educational background, I believe I am qualified for the position in your company. Attached, is my resume and I am eagerly awaiting an opportunity to discuss my application further at an interview.

Yours sincerely,

John

wise owl is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help for a cover letter, please

I think it's written really great, only the sentence "I am a highly motivated person who works hard to accomplish his goal: "his" looks more logical than "my".

Good luck )))

Dear Sir/Madam

I wish to apply for the position of ‘Java Analyst Programmer / Developer’ as advertised on the web site jobsite.co.uk on the 10th October , 2009.

Having graduated from The University of Northumbria majoring in Software Engineering, I am now working as an IT volunteer at a reputable automotive company. In my current position, I am responsible for design, development and maintenance of the company website. I have also implemented an e-commerce system to the website and the sales have increased 10% compared to the previous two months.

I am a highly motivated person who works hard to accomplish his goal. Also I am detail oriented and able to work under pressure. I want the opportunity to expand on my understanding of software development and professional skills in IT. I am keen to learn new technologies and to improve and maintain on my existing skills.

With my relevant working experience and educational background, I believe I am qualified for the position in your company. Attached, is my resume and I am eagerly awaiting an opportunity to discuss my application further at an interview.

Yours sincerely,

John[/QUOTE]