• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lord of the Flies Project -> Journal Entry

Hello this is 1 of the 3 journal entries I have to write as the character Piggy in the "Lord of the Flies". This is for a grade 10 academic English class, any suggestions of grammar corrections would be much appreciated.

Dear Journal,

The last time I had written an entry was before I got on the plane. I had hoped for a new beginning, I was so tired of the boys at school teasing me all the time. Things didnít get much better; in fact I think it got much worse. The passenger tube of the plane was ejected; I could see the other part of the plane. There was a terrifying heap of fire rising on it. There must have been other kids in it. I wonder if they had survived or where they have gone. Soon after I had landed on the island, I met a fair haired boy named Ralph. There were creepers everywhere making it almost impossible to walk without tripping on something.

The worst part of all this is so far there have been no grownups seen around the island, which Iím really worried about, because there had been no grownups around the boys at school would pick on me. The island in many ways is exactly as dreadful as school. I had told Ralph that I didnít want to be called Piggy instead of listening to me he went ahead and told everyone we gathered with the conch my nickname. I never even had a chance to say my own name, let alone explain how I disliked that nickname. I hate it, I hate it, hate it HATE IT. Every time someone calls me that I feel sharp stabbing pain in my chest. I feel like I canít breathe, the awful stares of the boys cutting through me like a sharp razor. Maybe I can talk to Ralph and he could convince the boys to call me by my real name.

You know, there were two people that could have been elected to be chief. Personally I didnít like either of them, Ralph seems friendly but he backstabbed me by telling everyone Piggy, and Jack seemed to just plain dislike me for some reason. But I got mocked at home, why did I expect it would be any different here? Jack or Merridew as he preferred to be called seems like a heartless beast. When he stared at me with his piercing eyes he had reminded me of the time long ago when my Auntieís neighbor had brought home that wild wolf. For some reason I have a bad feeling about Jack.

Itís starting to get dark now, and it looks like the ďexplorersĒ have come back. I will write back the next time I get the chance.

-Piggy

frankjohnli is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lord of the Flies Project -> Journal Entry

Dear Journal,

The three of them had returned and called an assembly. Jack reports the presence of pigs and he was very thrilled him and his hunters shall kill one next time for food. He violently drove his knife into the side of a tree and stared at me. From that moment on I knew Jack had something against me, itís no longer safe for me here. The only one who can protect me is Ralph, but he seems to side with Jack.

Ralph on the other hand talked about making a fire at the top of the mountain, sailors would see our smoke. Before anything could be planned out, the whole group of them scattered. It took what seemed like a decade to get to the top; my asmar has been really acting up lately. When I finally got up there, Jack took my spectacles right off of me. He has some nerve! Ralph handed the spectacles back to me. They just donít understand if I lost them Iím done, I wouldnít be able to find my way anywhere! Serves them right anyways, the signal fire spread to a larger section of the island. To make matters worse the boy with the birthmark had been missing. I wonder where he is now; no one had decided to try to go look for him. Theyíve really done it now! The little boy could be out there lost and cost, NO worst he could be dead!

Enough about those thoughts, Iíve been thinking what we really need to make is a sundial. I remember I read in a magazine once that it really wasnít hard to make. With the dial we could tell exactly what time it is and become more organized. I tried to sketch out the dial, Iím sure itíll work Iíve done it that time back home! I suggested it to Ralph and he seemed to like the idea, I will have to talk to him about it next time weíre alone.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]
    -Piggy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lord of the Flies Project -> Journal Entry

hey u have really good journal entries i was wondering if u can put one up for every chapter as piggy!