cosofyou is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I appriciate your comments on my paragraph

Narration : My memorable holiday

Traveling usually brings me a lot of fun and pleasure. I still found wonderful things when I lost my way on the holiday at Sam Son Beach. I stayed there for two days and a night. The first day went on smoothly. I toured around that renowned landscape and visited most of fantastic places. On the second day, an unforgettable day, I got lost in that unfamiliar beauty spot. In the morning, I got up early for a walk along the beach. The sea sight was very sparkling. I could enjoy fresh air and breezes from the sea made me relax a lot. Especially, I had the chance of viewing fishermen catching fish. It was absolutely a sight for sore eyes. Muscular men was trying their best to pull fish on shore with a reliable big string. I was so absorbed in that natural scenery that I did not care about how far I had gone. It was not until fish had been caught that I realised I lost my way. Firstly, I felt realy scared. I did not know the way to get back. When I was looking around to find my way, a nice couple asked me " Are you ok ? Do you need some help ? ". My mind was at peace when they appeared. Fortunately, I remembered my hotel's name and they helped me return to it. How lucky I was ! Although I went astray on that holiday, I caught sight of fishermen's working day and met kind hearted people.I believe that everybody can find good things in bad situations.

. I look forward to reading your comments
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails view-from-the-restaurant.jpg  

Petemol is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I appriciate your comments on my paragraph

Even though i am just a student i like to say that you did a wonderful job of describing the scenery. A nice moral too! Some expert might think differently though. i am just giving my opinion.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cosofyou View Post
    Narration : My memorable holiday

Traveling usually brings me a lot of fun and pleasure. I still found some wonderful things when I lost my way on my holiday at Sam Son Beach. I stayed there for two days and a night. The first day went on smoothly. I toured around that renowned landscape and visited most of many fantastic places. On the second day, an unforgettable day, I got lost in that unfamiliar beauty spot. [Did you get lost lost twice, or are you referring to the same episode? This problem arises from the persistent use of the simple past tense only - this should improve as you learn.]
    In the morning, I got up early for a walk along the beach. The sea sight was very sparkling. I could enjoy fresh air, and breezes from the sea made me relax a lot.
    [The comma is necessary here, otherwise it should read "
    I could enjoy fresh air and breezes from the sea, which made me relax a lot".]

Especially, I had the chance of viewing fishermen catching fish. It was absolutely a sight for sore eyes. Muscular men were trying their best to pull fish on shore with a reliable big string net [?]. I was so absorbed in that natural scenery that I did not care about how far I had gone. It was not until the fish had been caught that I realised I had lost my way.
    [This is an excellent example of where to use the past perfect]
    Firstly, I felt really scared. I did not know the way to get back. When I was looking around to find my way, a nice couple asked me " Are you ok ? Do you need some help ? ". My mind was at peace when they appeared. Fortunately, I remembered my hotel's name and they helped me return to it. How lucky I was ! Although I went astray on that holiday, I caught sight of the fishermen's working day and met
    kind-hearted people. I believe that everybody can find good things in bad situations.

. I look forward to reading your comments
    This seems to be an exercise in using the simple past tense. In that respect it's quite good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petemol View Post
    Even though i am just a student i like to say that you did a wonderful job of describing the scenery. A nice moral too! Some expert might think differently though. i am just giving my opinion.
    So happy to hear that though I know my writing need more improvement.
    Thanks a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    This seems to be an exercise in using the simple past tense. In that respect it's quite good.
    I can't say how thankful I am for your editting my writing. I have got a lot of worthy things from the day joining this web. I can enrich my knowledge of using English as well as have members revise my writing. You spent your time on my thread, which makes me happy. I hope that I will receive more your comments on my writings.