Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face CAN ANY ONE CHECK MY ANSWERS

Hi
    Ok I have done the quiz 3 times now and I should have got the answer by now but I keep getting “Sorry, you didn't achieve the 75% required to move onto the tutor marked assessment.” I did my own answers then I asked some people I know for the second attempt and finally decided to try some on line help for my 3rd.

Asked i-to-i for help but its bank holiday weekend so no help there (but I never get help from i-to-i anyway) I know got some answers right and some wrong but I can’t see which ones.

If it is ok I will cut and paste the questions and my answers here and hopefully like the tooth fairy I will find that someone will only show me the correct answers as I want to find the incorrect ones myself (also I hope that shows I don’t want to cheat)

Question1 - Marks: 1

If a beginner who is yet to be taught the past simple tense says “I go to the park yesterday”, it is

Choose one answer.

a. a slip.

b. a mistake which has to be self-corrected.

c. an error. (This is my answer)

Question2 Marks: 1

You hear your advanced student say ‘It take time to master a foreign language’. What is the mistake probably caused by?

Choose one answer.

a. a slip of the tongue (This is my answer)

b. false friends

c. the grammar being above the student’s level

Question3 Marks: 1

Your student has written in a composition ‘While living in the village, I was surrounded by cows, horses, goats, and sheeps”. What is the likely cause of this mistake?

Choose one answer.

a. mother-tongue interference

b. overgeneralisation (This is my answer)

c. slip of the tongue

Question4 Marks: 1

Which of the following is a vocabulary error?

Choose one answer.

a. He have returned home.

b. Say me the truth! (This is my answer)

c. I was stoped by police.

Question5 Marks: 1

What kind of an error is ‘English is spoke in many countries of the world’?

Choose one answer.

a. spelling

b. style

c. grammar (This is my answer)

Question6 Marks: 1

Which of the following factors is especially important to consider when deciding whether or not to correct an error immediately?

Choose one answer.

a. whether your students are performing a fluency task or an accuracy task (This is my answer)

b. whether the error is a grammar one or a vocabulary one

c. whether the error is caused by false friends or mother-tongue interference

Question7 Marks: 1

Which type of correction does NOT exist?

Choose one answer.

a. peer correction

b. delayed correction

c. advance correction (This is my answer)

Question8 Marks: 1

Tony was a bit frustrated as his students kept forgetting to put verbs in the past form when talking about the past. After correcting them verbally for a while, he discovered a quick and simple technique which immediately encouraged the students to self-correct. He also found that his students liked being prompted in that way. What technique do you think it was?
    Choose one answer.

a. saying ‘You are wrong’

b. drawing a timeline on the board and showing where the events are on the timeline (This is my answer)

c. pointing back over his shoulder

Question9 Marks: 1

Which of the following is true about correcting students’ written work?
    Choose one answer.

a. It’s better to use a correction code than write comments underneath the text. (This is my answer)

b. The best colour to correct mistakes is red.

c. It’s not necessary to correct all the errors.

Question10 Marks: 1

Your student has just said ‘I climBEd the mountain’ (in two syllables: ‘clime-bed’) . You would like to encourage them to self-correct by identifying the type of mistake. What will you actually say?
    Choose one answer.

a. Pronunciation!

b. Slip of the tongue!

c. Think again! (This is my answer)

Question11 Marks: 1

As you give informal feedback you need to remember to
    Choose one answer.

a. tell the students what their mark or grade is.

b. praise students’ achievements. (This is my answer)

c. write or say at least one critical comment.

Question12 Marks: 1

Miranda has come to a language school to study English. She once did a course in English but she doesn’t remember much. What kind of a test is the school probably going to put her through before she begins the course?
    Choose one answer.

a. a placement test

b. a diagnostic test (This is my answer)

c. a progress test

Question13 Marks: 1
    What task type is the following sentence: ‘The trees _____ in bloom and the birds _____ singing’?

Choose one answer.

a. a cloze (This is my answer)

b. a transformation task

c. a substitution task

Question14 Marks: 1

Why is a portfolio helpful?

Choose one answer.

a. It shows only the best work of a student.

b. It allows students to monitor their own progress. (This is my answer)

c. It is the only form of assessment suitable for both children and adults.

Question15 Marks: 1

If you don’t have time to grade all your students’ written work, what is the best option?

Choose one answer.

a. tell the students that you are going to read their work but it will not be graded because you are short of time

b. allow the students to check one another’s work in small groups using grading criteria (This is my answer)

c. let each student read their own work out loud and tell you how good they think it is

I did the homework my self (3 times) but to no avail, any help would ve gratefully recived.

Soup is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: CAN ANY ONE CHECK MY ANSWERS

It looks fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: CAN ANY ONE CHECK MY ANSWERS

Quote Originally Posted by Soup View Post
    It looks fine.
    i am afraid it is not, some answers are in fact in correct and this is why have posted here so i can see if i can find out how to fix it

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonyheaney View Post
    i am afraid it is not, some answers are in fact in correct and this is why have posted here so i can see if i can find out how to fix it
    True. My answers for three of the questions are different from yours, but that's my work, not yours. This is your assignment. You need to work with it on your own. Sorry, and good luck. You can do it.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonyheaney View Post

I did the homework my self (3 times) but to no avail, any help would ve gratefully recived.
    Question 8c’. It asks for “a quick and simple technique which immediately encouraged the students to self-correct”. You have to assume that the teacher has explained his actions already. The answer is ‘c’.
    “drawing a timeline on the board and showing where the events are on the timeline” is not quick and simple, and does not encourage a student to self-correct. It is wasting time teaching them something that the question says they already know.
    Question 9. Possibly ‘c’.
    Question 10. a’ ‘Think again’ is a rather broad task to ask a student to do, especially if they have made a pronunication mistake and “Pronunciation” is one of the answers.
    Question 11. Possibly ‘c’.
    Question 12.a’. They need to know what class to place her in, so they do a placement test. Note, the question says “the school”. When she is assigned a class, the teacher might do a ‘diagnostic test’ to see what she specifically needs to be worked on.
    Question 14. Possibly ‘a
    Question 15. Possibly ‘a

In any event you have 8,10,12 wrong. That makes 80%. So, one of the other of my answers must be right too.

Post Thanks / Like

True. My answers for three of the questions are different from yours, but that's my work, not yours. This is your assignment. You need to work with it on your own. Sorry, and good luck. You can do it.
    ERM!!! sorry but i did the quiz 3 times so i have defiantly worked on it. as for on my own sorry but i need to ask people if they think the answers are correct or incorrect. also that is one of the useful functions of this site to work hard and get some one to check your work. (also read my part about not cheating)

as for your work i have no interest in the answers to your work as my question relates to my work and i asked for some one to look at my work and see where i went wrong

This is constructive criticism not an angry out lash

thank you

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello tonyheaney

I wish you only the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    Question 8c’. It asks for “a quick and simple technique which immediately encouraged the students to self-correct”. You have to assume that the teacher has explained his actions already. The answer is ‘c’.
    “drawing a timeline on the board and showing where the events are on the timeline” is not quick and simple, and does not encourage a student to self-correct. It is wasting time teaching them something that the question says they already know.
    Question 10. a’ ‘Think again’ is a rather broad task to ask a student to do, especially if they have made a pronunication mistake and “Pronunciation” is one of the answers.
    Question 12.a’. They need to know what class to place her in, so they do a placement test. Note, the question says “the school”. When she is assigned a class, the teacher might do a ‘diagnostic test’ to see what she specifically needs to be worked on.
    Question 14. Possibly ‘a
    Question 15. Possibly ‘a

In any event you have 8,10,12 wrong. That makes 80%. So, one of the other of my answers must be right too.

Hi Raymott

how is your day going? hope its well we have a lazy cold bank holiday here. hanks for the help you have given me, it has made me understand and think differently bout my answers. heres hoping i get the pass.

have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like

Hello tonyheaney

I wish you only the best.

Hi Soup

Thanks for the good luck wish, hope it works ;) and these days i learn not to get angry just critical so no harm done.

tony

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: CAN ANY ONE CHECK MY ANSWERS

Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    Question 14. Possibly ‘a
    Question 15. Possibly ‘a

hi i did the test with your and my answers and i got this again:

Sorry, you didn't achieve the 75% required to move onto the tutor marked assessment. Please have another go by clicking 'Start again', or if you're still unsure about what you have learnt, take another look at the learning module.

this is why i hate i-to-i

thanks for your effort any way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast