brightsky312 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Watch movies in theaters or at home?

Is it better to watch movies in theaters or at home? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
    ---o0o---

Transparently, watching movies has been one of the most popular forms of entertainment. Different people have different was to enjoy the movies. Some prefer going to the movie theaters while others like watching DVDs at home. From my point of view, the better lace to view a movie is in theaters. There are three main reasons for my answer.

Firstly, movie theaters are well equipped to give the best quality to viewers. It cannot be denied that theaters can bring viewers a more realistic sensation and more amazing feelings. Thanks for a great screen combining with surround-sound system, the movies are conveyed to the audiences more effectively than ever. The giant screen with technicolor images makes everything seen clearer and more spectacular. Besides, sound is amplified many times over so that the soundtracks are more impressive when heard in movie theaters. Music is considered as the backdrop for a movie story and it has been seen that soundtracks are amazingly beautiful and wonderful on the large movie screen. Imagine when you watch “Harry Potter”,” Transformers” or “Pirates of the Caribbean” on a normal, family-sized television, the movies would lose its spectacle dramatically. In addition, movie theaters are constantly developing. People have seen dramatic changes in the movie industry such as 3-D, digital movies or IMAX, etc. Especially, recently, they have created the flavors of the movies, which helps the audiences immerse themselves in the world of the movies. It seems like people are transported to another place and time and live the life of the characters.

Furthermore, as watching movies is a social activity, I highly appreciate the advantages of movie theaters in bringing people to each other. People may go to the theaters on the first date, a friend’s birthday or a weekend. Theaters have become a place of gathering and enjoying happy moments. It is indeed wonderful to be with our friends, family or lovers. These can be unforgettable memories that would follow us long after. Moreover, movie theaters provide a good environment where people go through different emotions with other strange movie-goers. They can laugh out loud together at funny situations or move to tears to sympathize with the characters. All these feelings can make watching movies a more social and significant experience than sitting alone in a small room and see the same movies.

Finally, the movie theater experience allows people to escape the burden of the real life for a few hours. Seeing a movie at home includes hundreds of things happening around you and pulling you away from the screen. On the contrary, people can pay attention to the movie without being disturbed during the show time in the theaters. Everything is sure that the audiences can entirely enjoy the beauty and the great values of the films.

In conclusion, watching movies in the theaters overwhelms watching at home. Movie theater has experienced a long-run history and achieved a deserved position in the entertainment industry. I believe that people will keep the habit of going to the theaters to enjoy the movie masterpieces for a long time.

---------
    Hi everybody! I'm a new-comer. I have luckily known about this website from one of my friend. She highly appreciates this website.
    I hope that all of you will spend time reading my essay and give me some useful advice. I'm on my long journey of improving my writing skill.

Thanks a lot !!!
    Last edited by brightsky312; 26-Oct-2009 at 14:42.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Watch movies in theaters or at home?

Is it better to watch movies in theaters or at home? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

---o0o---

Transparently, watching movies has been one of the most popular forms of entertainment. Different people have different was to enjoy the movies. Some prefer going to the movie theaters while others like watching DVDs at home. From my point of view, the better lace to view a movie is in theaters. There are three main reasons for my answer.

Firstly, movie theaters are well equipped to give the best quality to viewers. It cannot be denied that theaters can bring viewers a more realistic sensation and more amazing feelings. Thanks for a great screen combining with surround-sound system, the movies are conveyed to the audiences more effectively than ever. The giant screen with technicolor images makes everything seen clearer and more spectacular. Besides, sound is amplified many times over so that the soundtracks are more impressive when heard in movie theaters. Music is considered as the backdrop for a movie story and it has been seen that soundtracks are amazingly beautiful and wonderful on the large movie screen. Imagine when you watch “Harry Potter”,” Transformers” or “Pirates of the Caribbean” on a normal, family-sized television, the movies would lose its spectacle dramatically. In addition, movie theaters are constantly developing. People have seen dramatic changes in the movie industry such as 3-D, digital movies or IMAX, etc. Especially, recently, they have created the flavors of the movies, which helps the audiences immerse themselves in the world of the movies. It seems like people are transported to another place and time and live the life of the characters.

Furthermore, as watching movies is a social activity, I highly appreciate the advantages of movie theaters in bringing people to each other. People may go to the theaters on the first date, a friend’s birthday or a weekend. Theaters have become a place of gathering and enjoying happy moments. It is indeed wonderful to be with our friends, family or lovers. These can be unforgettable memories that would follow us long after. Moreover, movie theaters provide a good environment where people go through different emotions with other strange movie-goers. They can laugh out loud together at funny situations or move to tears to sympathize with the characters. All these feelings can make watching movies a more social and significant experience than sitting alone in a small room and see the same movies.

Finally, the movie theater experience allows people to escape the burden of the real life for a few hours. Seeing a movie at home includes hundreds of things happening around you and pulling you away from the screen. On the contrary, people can pay attention to the movie without being disturbed during the show time in the theaters. Everything is sure that the audiences can entirely enjoy the beauty and the great values of the films.

In conclusion, watching movies in the theaters overwhelms watching at home. Movie theater has experienced a long-run history and achieved a deserved position in the entertainment industry. I believe that people will keep the habit of going to the theaters to enjoy the movie masterpieces for a long time.
    -------
    hehehe. My last post was so small that I think it is much better to post another version which is in a bigger size. Hope to receive a wide range of useful advice from you.

PS: My friend is hieppham90. Special thanks to my dear friend. xoxoxo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Watch movies in theaters or at home?

come on everybody!!!
    Read my essay and comment something.
    I really hope that you can help me in my writing. I'm in my long journey of mastering my English!
    I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
    Thanks a lot!