Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Volcano1985's Avatar
    Volcano1985 is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan

    I) The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan in the mid-1870s
    and is based on the life of Saigo Takamori, a samurai. (II) This
    samurai lived during the period of transition in which the
    country's ancient feudai culture, symbolized by samurai
    warriors, was being rapidly replaced by western ways. (III)
    Production of the film began at the 1000-year-oid Engyoji temple
    in Hirneji near Tokyo. (IV) Throughout the film, the producers
    tried to be true to the elegant simplicity of Japanese architecture.
    (V) The rest of the film was made in New Zeaiand, where they
    built a replica of a 17th century samurai village, and in Callfornia


    A)l B)II C)III D)IV E)V

    Which is out of the paragraph?

  2. #2
    anupumh's Avatar
    anupumh is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Volcano1985 View Post
    I) The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan in the mid-1870s
    and is based on the life of Saigo Takamori, a samurai. (II) This
    samurai lived during the period of transition in which the
    country's ancient feudai culture, symbolized by samurai
    warriors, was being rapidly replaced by western ways. (III)
    Production of the film began at the 1000-year-oid Engyoji temple
    in Hirneji near Tokyo. (IV) Throughout the film, the producers
    tried to be true to the elegant simplicity of Japanese architecture.
    (V) The rest of the film was made in New Zeaiand, where they
    built a replica of a 17th century samurai village, and in Callfornia

    A)l B)II C)III D)IV E)V

    Which is out of the paragraph?
    "E" seems to be right...
    Last edited by anupumh; 28-Oct-2009 at 12:28.

  3. #3
    Volcano1985's Avatar
    Volcano1985 is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan

    I think B

  4. #4
    anupumh's Avatar
    anupumh is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Volcano1985 View Post
    I think B
    What makes you think it is "B" (II) This samurai lived during the period of transition in which the country's ancient feudai culture, symbolized by samurai warriors, was being rapidly replaced by western ways.

  5. #5
    svartnik is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan

    E at first glance.

    EDIT

    A)l B)II C)III D)IV E)V
    You have to have good eyes here. I meant D.
    Last edited by svartnik; 28-Oct-2009 at 13:34.

  6. #6
    Volcano1985's Avatar
    Volcano1985 is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by anupumh View Post
    What makes you think it is "B" (II) This samurai lived during the period of transition in which the country's ancient feudai culture, symbolized by samurai warriors, was being rapidly replaced by western ways.
    Because I, III, IV, V are about the film, however II is about the samurai so is out of the paragraph.

  7. #7
    anupumh's Avatar
    anupumh is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Volcano1985 View Post
    Because I, III, IV, V are about the film, however II is about the samurai so is out of the paragraph.
    Hmmm, well from that angle, B seems logical, what does you key say?

  8. #8
    svartnik is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan

    Why would the producers try to be true to the elegant simplicity of Japanese architecture in New Zealand, where part of the film was shot? E is no go to me.
    Sorry, it is not E; it is D.

  9. #9
    Volcano1985's Avatar
    Volcano1985 is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by anupumh View Post
    Hmmm, well from that angle, B seems logical, what does you key say?
    Says B

  10. #10
    svartnik is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The film Last Samurai takes place in Japan

    B is okay. It is D.

    Quote Originally Posted by svartnik View Post
    Why would the producers try to be true to the elegant simplicity of Japanese architecture in New Zealand, where part of the film was shot? E is no go to me.
    Sorry, it is not E; it is D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Differences and Similarities Differences and Similarities
    By Jairinho1121 in forum Text Analysis and Statistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-Apr-2009, 14:47
  2. "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]
    By amona86 in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 17-May-2008, 16:13
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-Jan-2008, 19:42
  4. a place in the sun
    By Nefertiti in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-Oct-2007, 02:16
  5. Where and when did the film XY take place?
    By MiaL in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-Feb-2007, 16:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •