Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Predicate and Object Noun!

Quote Originally Posted by Farhaj
    And one more thing i have heard from you about what is direct object? means its a object noun or other thing. and what is predicate nominal i have heard first time from you. okay bye take care yourself.
    You're welcome, Farhaj.

Ask your teacher about "indirect objects". The verbs that take indirect objects are called "ditransitive verbs". They are a sub-set of "transitive verbs".

About reflexive pronouns, what do you want to know exactly?

A predicate nominal is the name of the noun that follows a linking verb. It's also called a subject complement.

A direct object is the name of the noun that follows a transitive verb, a non-linking verb.

An indirect object is the name of the noun or prepositional phrase that follows a di-transitive verb.

An object is can be a noun that follows a preposition (e.g., at the store) or a verb that follows another verb (e.g., I can swim.)

Here's a source that may help you:

http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/

Farhaj is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile List of Subjective Pronoun!

Hi Casiopea, Its really my pleasure to learn from You.!

Okay now yesterday sir gave us a list of Subjective Pronoun. here is listed below please tell me that its complete list or something is missing.

Subject Pronoun: Object Noun: Possesive Noun: Reflexive Noun:
    1. I Me Mine Myself
    2. You You Yours Yourself/selves
    3. We us our's ourself/selves
    4. It Its Its itself
    5. He him hims himself
    6. She her her's herself
    7. their them theirs themself

Post Thanks / Like

Re: List of Subjective Pronoun!

Note, ours, his, hers, not *our's, hims, her's.

Please click here. You'll find a wonderful list. Look for "pronouns" and click on it.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Predicate and Object Noun!

Thank You Very Much! Actually the way sir is teaching us is very different from yours can you tell me that he is teaching us in a good way or just passing his time with us? actually u gave me a very wonderful of www.cc.comment.edu its really wonderful?

And please tell me a very different and difficult question which i put on my teacher it will help me to break my hesitation and make some kind of reputation in the class please tell me a very difficult question which is related to the pronoun or kinds of pronoun? sir told us seven kind of pronoun and one pronoun i think is still in pending so here is listed below which sir told us. I think two are still to come total is eight kinds of prounoun. And one more thing is that please tell which pronoun is now sir told us after Interrogative Pronoun and tell me very hard question related with this pronoun which u tell me . Okay i hope you understand if you found any kind of mistake in my grammar so please tell me it will help me a lot.
    1. Subject Pronoun
    2. Object Pronoun
    3. Possessive Pronoun
    4. Reflexive Pronoun
    5. Demonstrative Pronoun
    6. Interrogative Pronoun

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Predicate and Object Noun!

I think i am disturbing you alot i put up lots of question on you thats why you dont reply me . Well if i disturbed you then i will apologize for that please fogive me. and give me reply of my thread before this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Predicate and Object Noun!

Quote Originally Posted by Farhaj
    Thank You Very Much!
    You're welcome, Farhaj.

. . . can you tell me that [our teacher] is teaching us in a good way or just passing his time with us?
    In truth, Farhaj, since I am not in your classroom, I wouldn't know how to answer your question. Sorry.

actually u gave me a very wonderful of www.cc.comment.edu its really wonderful?
    Yes. It's a very good resource. Please use it.

And please tell me a very different and difficult question which i put on my teacher it will help me to break my hesitation and make some kind of reputation in the class please tell me a very difficult question which is related to the pronoun or kinds of pronoun?
    We can't help you with your "reputation", but if you study the information given at the site listed above (commnet.edu) you will have a good understanding of the grammar, and from that understanding you will be able to ask your teacher questions that will serve to benefit your learning.

sir told us seven kind of pronoun and one pronoun i think is still in pending so here is listed below which sir told us. I think two are still to come total is eight kinds of prounoun.
    Have you checked with comment.edu? It's a very good resource.

And one more thing is that please tell which pronoun is now sir told us after Interrogative Pronoun and tell me very hard question related with this pronoun which u tell me .
    Please go to commnet.edu. You will need to take responsibility for your own learning, Farhaj. We are more than happy to help, but it's imperative that you have a basic understanding of the grammar topic. Knowing how many kinds of pronouns there are is basic knowledge. Please go find out.

Okay i hope you understand if you found any kind of mistake in my grammar so please tell me it will help me a lot.
    Try,

Thank You Very Much! Actually, the way our teacher is teaching us is very different from yours. Can you tell me if he is teaching us in a good way or just passing his time with us? You gave me a very wonderful site, www.cc.comment.edu It's really wonderful.

Also, please give me a difficult question about pronouns that I can ask my teacher, one that will give me a reputation in class. Our teacher told us there are seven kinds of pronouns (See the list below). One is still pending. There's a total of eight kinds of pronouns.

One more thing, please tell me the pronoun pending, and give me a question related to that pronoun.

If you find any mistakes in my grammar please tell me.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Predicate and Object Noun!