- For Teachers
Hi I was just wondering if anyone could possibly tell me the direct and indirect objects, and subject or object complement for the following sentences:
1. Did John recognise himself in the photo of his university class.
2. The table I bought yesterday is a present for my younger sister.
3. The very wealthy owner of the company decided to give me a better salary.
4. For whom is John working now?
Thanks for that clarification. Here are the rest of my answers, just wondering if anyone can confirm if they are right.
1. indirect- John
direct - himself
2. direct - table
indirect - sister
subject complement - younger
3. direct object -better salary
indirect object - me
subject complement - very wealthy
4. direct object - working
indirect object - for whom