Post Thanks / Like

Default Multi-part verbs (little check)

I decided to take up tennis about six years ago. Now I'm already into it because I can play it with my brother every few days. Every time I turn up for tennis match I give best from me. I have never thinked to back out because there wasn't reason for it. My brother persuade me every time to go through it because I have neved had time for it. For tennis match you don't have to put on any special clothes, just short pants, t-shirt and sportish sneakers. Most important is that you must set up yourself, in pshyclogical way, that helps a lot. At the end, it's difficult to get across the enjoyment of winning shot.

Bolded multi-part verbs I must use. Thank you.

pyoung is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Multi-part verbs (little check)

Dear phissen:

Pretty good job! Comments in blue. Please note that I am only commenting on the use of the phrasal verbs.

Quote Originally Posted by phissen View Post
    I decided to take up tennis about six years ago. Now I'm already into it because I can play it with my brother every few days. Every time I turn up for tennis match I give best from me. I have never thinked to back out because there wasn't reason for it. My brother persuade me every time to go through itThis is unclear.Go through what?because I have neved had time for it. For tennis match you don't have to put on any special clothes, just short pants, t-shirt and sportish sneakers. Most important is that you must set up This is unclear. Do you mean you must get yourself in the right mood for tennis? yourself, in pshyclogical way, that helps a lot. At the end, it's difficult to get across By 'get across' do you mean communicate? the enjoyment of winning shot.

Bolded multi-part verbs I must use. Thank you.
    I hope this is helpful,

Petra