lushinyu is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help to check if my short composition is correct?? URGENT!!

Wilderness ethics and etiquette
    Hiking in mountain wilderness is just like visiting old friends, there are some manners and etiquettes you should obey, otherwise it is not the way to be a welcome guest. There is no sewer or toilet in the mountain wilderness and also no garbage truck to collect the trash. Therefore, the more cautious attitude and measures should be adopted when dealing with our activities of daily living in the wild. Every bush and tree in wilderness does not belong to any one of us, please let our next generation still have the right to enjoy nature. Let’s follow the principle of Leave No Trace for outdoor activities.

1.Carry only the food and fuel material as needed.
    Make food preparation in advance for the purpose of minimizing the pollution caused by cleaning and the waste. Put food into reusable storage container.

2. Stay on the middle part of the trail, and step foot on the exposed rock or pebbles. Avoid walking on the edge of the trail.

3. Choose an open area to stay and rest, sit on rock or trail to avoid harming plant.

4. Avoid going to the mountains during the rainy season or after the rain.
    Do not take "short-cuts" across switchbacks when climbing or going down the mountain.

5. Respect every guest’s right in local lodging facility, stop any activity and keep the noise level down to a minimum after 9:00 pm.

lushinyu is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help to check if my short composition is correct?? URGENT!!

Can anyone help to check the grammar of my composition is correct??

Quote Originally Posted by lushinyu View Post
    Wilderness ethics and etiquette
    Hiking in mountain wilderness is just like visiting old friends, there are some manners and etiquettes you should obey, otherwise it is not the way to be a welcome guest. There is no sewer or toilet in the mountain wilderness and also no garbage truck to collect the trash. Therefore, the more cautious attitude and measures should be adopted when dealing with our activities of daily living in the wild. Every bush and tree in wilderness does not belong to any one of us, please let our next generation still have the right to enjoy nature. Let’s follow the principle of Leave No Trace for outdoor activities.

1.Carry only the food and fuel material as needed.
    Make food preparation in advance for the purpose of minimizing the pollution caused by cleaning and the waste. Put food into reusable storage container.

2. Stay on the middle part of the trail, and step foot on the exposed rock or pebbles. Avoid walking on the edge of the trail.

3. Choose an open area to stay and rest, sit on rock or trail to avoid harming plant.

4. Avoid going to the mountains during the rainy season or after the rain.
    Do not take "short-cuts" across switchbacks when climbing or going down the mountain.

5. Respect every guest’s right in local lodging facility, stop any activity and keep the noise level down to a minimum after 9:00 pm.

chester_100 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help to check if my short composition is correct?? URGENT!!

Quote Originally Posted by lushinyu View Post
    Can anyone help to check the grammar of my composition is correct??
    Hello, here are some points that may prove to be useful. There are of course some other points in the text to be mentioned, but I didn’t have the time.

1. mountain wilderness:

What is “mountain wilderness”?
    “Mountain” is not an adjective. The adjective is “mountainous”.
    “Wilderness“usually means an uncultivated area or mountainous region.
    It sounds to be a redundancy error if you use them (mountain and wilderness) both.

2. Just like: means exactly the same. Your sentence is a simile that draws a comparison between two different things, so they are not “exactly the same”.

You could simply write:
    Mountain climbing is like visiting old friends.

3. Hiking in mountain wilderness is just like visiting old friends,
    there are some manners and etiquettes you should obey,

You need to connect the above sentences. You could use “in the same way” or “similarly” and etc.

Mountain climbing and visiting old friends are comparable/ analogous in that they both require one/us to observe some rituals/norms/standards.

4. the more cautious attitude: the most cautious attitude

5. Make food preparation in advance for the purpose of minimizing the pollution caused by cleaning and the waste. Put food into reusable storage container.

What do you mean by “food”? Food doesn’t need to be cleaned. It’s ready to be served. I think you mean vegetables and fruits.

-storage container: this phrase is redundant, if it’s not wrong.

To minimize the (environmental) pollution caused by exposing nature to cleansing substances used for washing fruits and vegetables, wash them in advance, and after preparing your food, preserve all the edible substances in reusable containers.