Thread: essay

Unregistered Guest

Default essay

check my essay so far...

Science and Mathematics over History and Literature

It is common thought that students who study science and mathematics can have wide ranges of opportunities and can be successful in the future. The richest men and woman in the world are those who have studied these subjects. I believe that studying science and mathematics is beyond more beneficial rather than studying history and literature. Students studying science and mathematics will improve their way of thinking, have more successful career choices, and use their teachings in everyday life.
    To begin with, science and mathematics allows students in school to improve their ways of thinking and feed their brain with future needs. When learning history and literature students have to get lessons by heart, and while lectures are being taught students are writing everything down without understanding the material. As soon as the semester is over those lessons are most likely forgotten or “I do not need this for my future“ is said by the students. Science and mathematics are somewhat challenging subjects to learn. They require deep thinking in understanding material and solving complex problems. Under the circumstances students will be more reasonable in any situations presented to them in their future by learning these somewhat difficult subjects.
    Another benefit for students to learn science and mathematics is that it gives students more options in their career choices. In fact, today the students motives towards studying is to get a good job with a high salary. A science and mathematics college degree will provide students with a great deal of choices for jobs such as medicine, computer science, engineering, and other professions. The majority of students don't understand why they should study history or literature without such purposes in their future. History and literature are mostly studied to feed our spirits and imaginations and we can live without that.

san2612 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: essay

What is the conclusion? (I'm not a teacher)

Barb_D is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: essay

Just for another viewpoint, read this thread before you finalize your essay:

http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ge...iterature.html
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.