Post Thanks / Like

Smile Indian students in Australia

Indian Migrant Life in Australia
    An Annotated Bibliography
    Srivastava,Mehul. "India Asks Why Its Students Must Study Abroad." BusinessWeek Online
    6/5/2009: p 12-12. Academic Search Premier. EBSCOhost. Montgomery Lib., Campbellsville, KY. 4 June, 2009
    The article talks about the Indian Students who have been attacked in Australia in the recent times.The world is in a global recession and during this time, it is often the immigrants who get blamed and attacked for the unemployment. Although Melbourne has some history of racial violence(in Romper Stomper) , it appears from the article that some of the violence comes from other minority groups . This could be based on competition for jobs which are traditionally reserved for immigrants such as the taxi industry.
    Reuters, "Aid Sought for Students." The New York Times. Section A(2009): Pg. 14. Lexis Nexis Academic. Montgomery Lib., Campbellsville, KY. 4 June, 2009
    According to the article, China joined India in demand of protecting the foreign students against the racism growing in Australia. The Melbourne attacks are not necessarily racially motivated, but they are rather because of the opportunities that are being given to foreign students instead of the Australian Students.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Indian students in Australia

Well that is a great issue to discuss, ad there are many foreign student studying in Australia and attack on the basis of race, religion is not good. People should think it other way as well that every foreign student bring the foreign wealth as well.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goonj View Post
    Indian Migrant Life in Australia
    An Annotated Bibliography
    Srivastava,Mehul. "India Asks Why Its Students Must Study Abroad." BusinessWeek Online
    6/5/2009: p 12-12. Academic Search Premier. EBSCOhost. Montgomery Lib., Campbellsville, KY. 4 June, 2009
    The article talks about the Indian students who have been attacked in Australia in the recent times. The world is in a global recession and during this time, it is often the immigrants who get blamed and attacked for the unemployment. Although Melbourne has some history of racial violence (in Romper Stomper) [Romper Stomper was a fictional movie about violence between skinheads and south-east Asians in Melbourne. It's about 20 years old, and gave Russel Crowe his start in movies. I don't think it has much to do with the recent violence toward Indian students], it appears from the article that some of the violence comes from other minority groups . This could be based on competition for jobs which are traditionally reserved for immigrants such as the taxi industry.
    Reuters, "Aid Sought for Students." The New York Times. Section A(2009): Pg. 14. Lexis Nexis Academic. Montgomery Lib., Campbellsville, KY. 4 June, 2009
    According to the article, China joined India in demanding protection for foreign students against the racism growing in Australia. The Melbourne attacks are not necessarily racially motivated, but they are rather because of the opportunities that are being given to foreign students instead of the Australian students.
    You should use consistent style with your citations. Eg. is it Pg. or p. for 'page'?

Post Thanks / Like

we are supposed to use the MLA format which uses p for page,so that is why im using it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I need to write 6 more summaries from 6 more sources.If you can suggest me a good source where I can get more information about this topic,I will be glad.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goonj View Post
    we are supposed to use the MLA format which uses p for page,so that is why im using it that way.
    No, you've missed the point. Consistency means using the same form each time you write it. You've written:
    The New York Times. Section A(2009): Pg. 14. Lexis Nexis

Post Thanks / Like

i found the source on "LEXIS NEXIS" i.e., The new york times article...that is why i have written it so.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have to use MLA format, then references which use other formats need to be amended to MLA format.