• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Please chech another one informal letter.

The task: A boy you met last summer on an english course has written to say that he will be visiting your contry on a holiday next month. He has asked for advise on what places he and his family should wisit. Reply to his letter.

Dear Nicolas,

Thanks for your letter. It was a lovely surprise to hear from you after all this time. I'm sorry I haven't written for ages, but I've been really busy theese days. I still study a lot and I have to work to get by somehow.

I'm so excited that you and your family are planning to come to Russia. I promise you'll love it! It is very beas very beautiful in winter. The snow is everywhere and everything is shining. I hope this winter will be snowy.

You asked for advice on what places to visit. I think you should definitly see Kremlin and The Red Square. I've heard that foreigners are fond of it. You should also walk along the so-called old Moscow. It looks fantastic in the evening with all these lights. And then you might visit me and my family. My mom and I will cook something special for you.

I'd better stop now and get on with my studying. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,
    Kate.

american is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please chech another one informal letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Katue View Post
    The task: A boy you met last summer on an english course has written to say that he will be visiting your contry on a holiday next month. He has asked for advise on what places he and his family should wisit. Reply to his letter.

Dear Nicolas,

Thanks for your letter. It was a lovely surprise to hear from you after all this time. I'm sorry I haven't written for ages, but I've been really busy ["real busy" is more informal] theese these days. I still study a lot and I have to work to get by somehow.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I have to work to get by somehow." Do you mean " I have to work hard to get by."?

I'm so excited that you and your family are planning to come to Russia. I promise you'll love it! It is ["It's" is more informal] very beas very beautiful in the winter. The snow is everywhere and everything is shining. I hope this winter will be snowy.

You asked for advice on what places to visit. I think you should definitly definitely see the Kremlin and The Red Square. I've heard that foreigners are fond of it them. You should also walk along the so-called old Moscow [area/district/street?]. It looks fantastic in the evening with all these the lights. And then you might visit me and my family. My mom and I will cook something special for you.

I'd better stop now and get on with my studying. I hope to hear from you soon.

"I'd better stop now" sounds very abrupt. You might just say something like -- "Well, I've got a lot of studying to do." or just leave it out. You really don't need to give a reason for not writing a longer letter.

Best wishes,
    Kate.
    Aside from the minor edits, I think it sounds very natural.