MiAn is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Plz check for my mistakes -article translation

Hi everybody ,this is my 1st post. I have an assignment on translation.But I'm not sure about my grammar.Please check for my mistakes .Thank you so much!

Chinese medical consulting-room:
    10 millions / prescription drug…without label

On 9/11, Ho Chi Minh city Health Department inspectors inspected Chinese medical consulting room (87 Thanh Thai, 14 ward, 10 district, HCM city). At the time of the inspection, the delegation discovered a phenomenon of dispersing drugs; some drugs had no labels, 2 handling drug employees didn’t have suitably professional degrees; books weren’t updated completely…. Especially, there were some 10 million prescription drugs/20 days for stomach pain. But after taking medicine, the patients didn’t see the effects of the medication, contrarily, they vomited and felt indisposed….. Ministry of public health said that, traditional medicine and pharmacy services and Ministry will organize inspections to check Chinese medical consulting-rooms.

MiAn is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Plz check for my mistakes -article translation

nobody here ??? plz plz help me

chester_100 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Plz check for my mistakes -article translation

If it’s a translation, it can’t be evaluated without the source text.
    Sometimes naturalness damages accuracy, which may result in a bad grade.

So I didn’t change the body of the text. I hope it works.

My suggestions are in blue and the parts in pink can be inferred from your sentences but aren’t there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiAn View Post

On 9/11, Ho Chi Minh city Health Department inspectors inspected/ conducted an inspection at the Chinese medical consulting room (87 Thanh Thai, 14 ward, 10 district, HCM city). At the time of the inspection, the delegation discovered a pandemonium in the organization of drugs: some drugs had no labels; two drug handling employees did not have any certificates showing their qualification.
    Books weren’t updated completely. Especially, there were some 10 millionprescription drugs/20 days (?) for stomachache/ abdominal pain.

But after taking medicine, the patients didn’t see the effects of the medication, contrarily, they vomited and felt indisposed. Ministry of public health declared that [no comma here] traditional medicine and pharmacy services and the Ministry itself will organize inspections to check Chinese medical consulting-rooms.

• But after taking medicine, the patients didn’t see the effects of the medication, contrarily, they vomited and felt indisposed.
    If they began to vomit, they did see the effects; the drugs had negative effects though.

You could say:

Taking the medicine, the patients didn’t find the medication to be positively effective, and ironically, they even started to vomit and fell ill, because of being poisoned by the drugs.

• Ministry of public health said that, traditional medicine and pharmacy services and Ministry (of health and public care) will organize inspections to check/ examine/ test out/ confirm the validity of the Chinese medical consulting-rooms.

- Is “traditional medicine and pharmacy services” a special organizational process in your country?
    If so, it should be capitalized: Traditional Medicine & Pharmacy Services.

When utilizing parallel structures, make sure that the sentence makes sense:
    According to your sentence traditional medicine (as well as the pharmacy services and the Ministry) will organize inspections to check….

How is it possible for medicine to organize inspections? So, as I said, it may be an organization or something.

Chester,