Post Thanks / Like

Default "I so much appreciated that you missed…"

"I flew to Las Vegas to see our grandchildren, and I really wanted you to go with me. You chose not to go on this particular weekend because you want to stay home and enjoy your solitude. I so much appreciated that you missed the busyness and raucousness of the life I shared with our children and grandchildren that weekend, the shopping for the twins, the wild noise in the kichen, the constant laughter, food, and music. I loved thinking of you in your solitude, reading, working, taking long baths, commuming quietly with your beautiful self, and living the life that we enjoy so much when we're togethere. I respect you for living out your own integrity, and our children do too, and they learn so much from your steadiness. I love how solid you are when you know to do or not to do something, and how you stick to it no matter what anyone says, including me."

"I so much appreciated that you missed the……"

1. Does she mean that she is glad that he wasn't there and he didn't have to experience all the busyness and noise……

2. or she means that
    she is glad and thankful to know that he wished he could be there since he like those busyness……

Thank you for help!
    Last edited by sarahmira; 02-Dec-2009 at 13:10.

Kondorosi is offline Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "I so much appreciated that you missed…"

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmira View Post
    "I flew to Las Vegas to see our grandchildren, and I really wanted you to go with me. You chose not to go on this particular weekend because you want to stay home and enjoy your solitude. I so much appreciated that you missed the busyness and raucousness of the life I shared with our children and grandchildren that weekend, the shopping for the twins, the wild noise in the kichen, the constant laughter, food, and music. I loved thinking of you in your solitude, reading, working, taking long baths, commuming quietly with your beautiful self, and living the life that we enjoy so uch when we're togethere."

1. Does she mean that she is glad that he wasn't there and he didn't have to experience all the busyness and noise……

2. or she means that
    she is glad and thankful to know that he wished he could be there since he like those busyness……

Thank you for help!
    I detect bitter and deliberate sarcasm in this message. The author is being sarcastic and she means the opposite of what she writes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmira View Post
    "I flew to Las Vegas to see our grandchildren, and I really wanted you to go with me. You chose not to go on this particular weekend because you want to stay home and enjoy your solitude. I so much appreciated that you missed the busyness and raucousness of the life I shared with our children and grandchildren that weekend, the shopping for the twins, the wild noise in the kichen, the constant laughter, food, and music. I loved thinking of you in your solitude, reading, working, taking long baths, commuming quietly with your beautiful self, and living the life that we enjoy so uch when we're togethere."

2. or she means that

Thank you for help!
    Hi! I'm not a teacher.

I think that the first meaning 'glad' is right because the antonym of 'to appreciate' is 'to depreciate'.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing.