logacova is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Could you check my grammar, please?

We should take care of security ourselves.

Paradox. Crime is growing, but officers are leaving the police.
    Situation. Yesterday Int Kuzis, head of Riga regional department of the State Police, said on a specially organized press conference, that a number of robberies has increased recently, though criminals more often use violence and weapon to intimidate the victims. Law-enforcement officers point to the general increase of the criminality, but they admit that the police forces are limited now because of the dramatic cuts in financing and lack of officers. I. Kuzis did not hide from „5 min” newspaper that nowadays Latvians must take care of personal security themselves.
    “Lately, a number of robberies has increased considerably and especially robberies are dangerous, using violence and gun as the means of intimidation. The robberies happen in Riga region every day,” – says I. Kuzis and adds that the crime rate is lamentable in whole Latvia. There are some statistics: 1050 robberies were detected for the last 9 month last year - and already 1171 this year, where 121 robberies were in homes or on farms.
    Raul Kviesitis, the Head of Main Criminal Police Department of State police emphasizes that a number of grave crimes and especially grave crimes also has increased. The forecasts for next year also do not satisfy. “The biggest increase compared with the last year is in the commissions of murders – this number grew by 11 percent”. The reason is a murder mercenary motive. Mostly a number of that crimes has increased in Riga, Jurmala and Ogre”, - reported R. Kviesitis. According to the police, a number of thefts has increased considerably. This year 19 845 incident have already detected (registered). It is 1927 thefts more than last year.
    Estimated situation of the crime rate in the country and dramatic cuts in financing of the police, I.Kuzis concluded that the time has come when the people must take care of personal security themselves. “When you go in the street, you should choose a right rote.In the matter of home you must remember that the flat is not a bank or Lombard, therefore there is no point to keep very valuables things there”.

Security. Officers of the special subdivision “Alfa” of the police soon will train another 100 police officers to provide an order during the mass actions.

logacova is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could you check my grammar, please?

Could you help me , please?