• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

• Post Thanks / Like

Complaint letter - is it clear enough? PLEASE help!

I booked 2 tickets for the same flight due to some technical issues on airlines website. A lady in customer service told me to write a complain letter. I would like it to be understandable and mistake-free. Could you, PLEASE, take a look at it and let me know what sould be amended?
    It goes like this:

Dear Sir/Madame,
    On xxx, I booked tickets for flight No. XX1 (from... to...for 28th of December) and flight No YY2 (from... to... for 31st of December) on your website. I didn't realise that the ticket for the XX1 flight has been booked twice, until I checked-in and printed boarding passes. Everything seemed to be fine for me - 2 flights, 2 reservations, 2 e-mail confirmations - so I didn't check the details and simply checked-in.
    As far as I can remember there was a technical issue during the booking process: after I entered my credit card details and pressed the continue button an error occurred, so I started booking once again. I am obviously not going to use both of these tickets and I can assure you that it was not my intention to have 2 tickets for the same flight. If I got the confirmation of the reservation screen after I first time booked the ticket, I would never started booking procedure again. On the other hand - why would I buy 2 tickets for the same flight?
    I realise that I am partially responsible for this situation. On the other hand however: shouldn't your booking system be improved so that check-in would not be possible to be done twice for this same ID?

I expect you to refund the money that I have paid for the second ticket.

I have flown with your airlines few times before and I have always been truly satisfied with provided services. I hope this time also you will live up to my expectations.

I look forward to hearing from you and to a resolution of this problem. Please contact me at the above e-mail address.
    Yours sincerely

I would appreciate, if you could help as it's really important to me!

Thanks in advance.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Complaint letter - is it clear enough? PLEASE help!

Did you intend to buy a ticket for a flight from A to Z and a return trip ticket from Z to A and instead wound up buying two tickets for the same flight for yourself (a flight from A to Z)?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

• Post Thanks / Like

I was going to buy ticket from a to z. However because of some technical problem on the website I bought 2 tickets from a to z. The return ticket I bought later the same day.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

I suggest summarizing the situation, then go into details. Perhaps:
    I unintentionally bought two tickets for myself for the same flight. I want a refund for the redundant ticket. What can be done?
    Good luck!

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Moldavian
      • Home Country:
      • Maldives
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissNoName View Post
    I booked 2 tickets for the same flight due to some technical issues on airlines website. A lady in customer service told me to write a complain letter. I would like it to be understandable and mistake-free. Could you, PLEASE, take a look at it and let me know what sould be amended?
    It goes like this:

Dear Sir/Madame,
    I am writing to request a refund for a duplicate ticket that was erroneously charged to my credit card.

On xxx, I made two separate reservations - one for flight No. XX1 (from... to...for 28th of December) and another for flight No YY2 (from... to... for 31st of December) on your website. I received two email confirmation messages - one for flight XX1 and another for flight YY2, as one would expect. But later on DDdate, when I checked-in and printed the boarding pass for flight XX1, I noticed that I was booked on that flight twice instead of once.

While contemplating how this could have happened, I recall experiencing a technical issue while making the reservation for Flight XX1. After I entered my credit card details and pressed the continue button an error occurred, so I started the booking process all over. This second time the process completed successfully and displayed the confirmation. Now that I know I was booked twice for Flight XX1, I guess your website did successfully process on the first attempt despite the occurrence of the error.

I am obviously not going to use both of these tickets and I can assure you that it was not my intention to have 2 tickets for the same flight. If I got the confirmation of the reservation screen after the first time I booked the ticket, I would have never started the booking procedure again. I am disappointed with your system that it does not restrict a duplicate reservation for the same person on a particular flight.

I expect you to refund the money that I was charged for the duplicate reservation on Flight XX1. I have flown with your airlines few times before and have been truly satisfied with the provided services. I hope you'll continue to live up to my expectations by processing the refund at the earliest.

Please note that my reservation for Flight YY2 went though as expected and it is not affected by this issue.

I look forward to hearing from you and to a prompt resolution of this problem. Please contact me at the above e-mail address.

Yours sincerely

I would appreciate, if you could help as it's really important to me!

Thanks in advance.
    good luck
    Last edited by greenisgood; 11-Dec-2009 at 05:59.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Excellent rewrite, Greenisgood! (I would only make one minor change. I would change "I have flown with your airlines...." to "I have flown with your airline....")

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

• Post Thanks / Like

greenisgood and RonBee - thanks for your help!!!