• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Del Boy

He has other relationships (which I am quite happy with) and spends half of his time abroad and half in the UK at 'our' house.

Living abroad enables him to import goods and sell them cheaply - rather like a very unfunny Del Boy. I've tolerated this for years. I do what he says.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1233294/BEL-MOONEY-I-escape-husbands-terrifyingly-sordid-world.html#ixzz0Z6Zxx8PH

Could someone please brief what Del Boy refers to? I looked it up via Wikipedia, but I don't understand it.

Thanks!
    Del Boy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Del Boy

"Del Boy" is the name of a character in a comedy called Only fools and Horses.

It may help you more if you view some clips of this show. Perhaps type "Only fools and Horses" into youtube.

BobK is offline Harmless drudge
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Del Boy

Quote Originally Posted by gothgirl339 View Post
    "Del Boy" is the name of a character in a comedy called Only fools and Horses.

It may help you more if you view some clips of this show. Perhaps type "Only fools and Horses" into youtube.
    Good advice, but unfortunately no good for PRC. The Wikipedia article supplies all sorts of information that doesn't explain TD's quote, though this sentence does:
    With a never-ending supply of get-rich-quick schemes and an inner belief in his ability to sell anything to anyone, Del embroils 'the firm' (as he calls the family business) in all sorts of improbable situations.
    b