Post Thanks / Like

The world would be a poorer place without colour.

I do agree that colours can certainly alter our mood or have a positive or negative impact on us even though many of us are not aware about it.

Colours can affect our moods and mental state. While some colours can be uplifting, some seem to depress us, however, it seems to be that this affections depends on the individualís personality. It is generally agreed that we see the colour first, before we register what we are actually looking at. We therefore act instantly and instinctively to colour. According to this statement, without colours we would not have this instinct and it would have brought some difficulties along, for instance, if an individual were swimming in the ocean and see a large grey object swimming towards - with no vision of what it actually is, that person would probably swim away as fast as possible because the grey colour signals danger in our brains. Despite the fact that every colour has a meaning and also different energy, for instance, red is generally associated with passion, heat, excitement, green represents new beginnings, nature, yellow is generally viewed to be a happy colour, blue is viewed as cool or cooling and white is the colour of peace, colours associations and meanings vary from culture to culture. The next most important point would be that without colours there would not be any diversity on earth - everything would appear the same, including only black and white.

To sum up, colours are a very big part of our world, moreover, it makes living more cheerful and lets us to enjoy the diversity.

(Hello,im a new member and i would love to get help to improve my writing english.thanks already)

Lady Hawk is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The world would be a poorer place without colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualiria View Post
    I do agree that colours can certainly alter our mood or have a positive or negative impact on us even though many of us are not aware about it.

Colours can affect our moods and mental state. While some colours can be uplifting, some seem to depress us, however, it seems to be that this affections depends on the individualís personality. It is generally agreed that we see the colour first, before we register what we are actually looking at. We therefore act instantly and instinctively to colour. According to this statement, without colours we would not have this instinct and it would have brought some difficulties along, for instance, if an individual were swimming in the ocean and see a large grey object swimming towards - with no vision of what it actually is, that person would probably swim away as fast as possible because the grey colour signals danger in our brains. Despite the fact that every colour has a meaning and also different energy, for instance, red is generally associated with passion, heat, excitement, green represents new beginnings, nature, yellow is generally viewed to be a happy colour, blue is viewed as cool or cooling and white is the colour of peace, colours associations and meanings vary from culture to culture. The next most important point would be that without colours there would not be any diversity on earth - everything would appear the same, including only black and white.

To sum up, colours are a very big part of our world, moreover, it makes living more cheerful and lets us to enjoy the diversity.

(Hello,im a new member and i would love to get help to improve my writing english.thanks already)
    You might change your title to "The World Would Be a Duller Place Without Color"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The world would be a poorer place without colour.

so you think that i got out of the subject ?which i really try not to...its a big mistake.