1. Claus

Reference in English

Hello everybody,
    my name is Babi and I am a german student at a germany university. My core subjects are maths and chemistry.

My question for you:

I want to do a masters degree in Great Britain. The university requires a reference from my lecturers about me.
    My problem is that I my lecturers and professors told me that they can`t do it in English. So I should do it on my own and give it to them for signing.
    I have never done something like that before and I do not know what has to be in a refernce and how it shoud be written.

It would be great if there is someone who could help me with that maybe someone has a tamplet or something like that.

I am thankful for every help

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reference in English

Quote Originally Posted by Claus
    Hello everybody,
    my name is Babi and I am a german student at a germany university. My core subjects are maths and chemistry.

My question for you:

I want to do a masters degree in Great Britain. The university requires a reference from my lecturers about me.
    My problem is that I my lecturers and professors told me that they can`t do it in English. So I should do it on my own and give it to them for signing.
    I have never done something like that before and I do not know what has to be in a refernce and how it shoud be written.

It would be great if there is someone who could help me with that maybe someone has a tamplet or something like that.

I am thankful for every help

You could ask them to write the letters in German, and you could translate them. Just get someone to edit your translated letters, type them up, and then ask the professors to sign the English version of the letters. Are there English language editing services in Germany? I would think so. Or you could just get someone else to translate them. That would cost more than editing, however.

Would that work?