Results 1 to 4 of 4
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

    • Join Date: Oct 2008
    • Posts: 3,104
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    we're going to be doing

    And some of these restrictions may be outdated, so we're going to be doing a comprehensive review.

    Is this a good sentence?

    Thanks.

  1. buggles's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 3,990
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: we're going to be doing

    Quote Originally Posted by hanky View Post
    And some of these restrictions may be outdated, so we're going to be doing a comprehensive review.

    Is this a good sentence?

    Thanks.
    It's ok, but a native speaker would be more likely to say...


    Some of these restrictions may be outdated, so we'll be doing a comprehensive review.

    And we shouldn't start a sentence with "And". Oops!


    buggles (not a teacher)

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

    • Join Date: Oct 2008
    • Posts: 3,104
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: we're going to be doing

    Quote Originally Posted by buggles View Post
    It's ok, but a native speaker would be more likely to say...


    Some of these restrictions may be outdated, so we'll be doing a comprehensive review.

    And we shouldn't start a sentence with "And". Oops!


    buggles (not a teacher)
    Would the original sentence be said by a native speaker in an interview?
    Thanks.

  2. buggles's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 3,990
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: we're going to be doing

    Quote Originally Posted by hanky View Post
    Would the original sentence be said by a native speaker in an interview?
    Thanks.
    More than likely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •