Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: shoe fetish

  1. #1
    Unregistered Guest

    Smile shoe fetish

    Dear Teachers

    I am writing to ask the following sentences.

    If you want to divide a fraction, you need to invert and multiply.
    --What does this sentence mean?

    Because of a shoe fetish, the thief was regarded as a pervert.
    --What does this sentence mean?

    a dizzy spell when things seem to be burning.
    --What does "a dizzy spell mean"?

    The sign indicate the home owners are averse to smoking on the premises.
    --What does this sentence mean?

    Thanks:)

    Emily

  2. #2
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: shoe fetish

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Dear Teachers

    I am writing to ask the following sentences.

    If you want to divide a fraction, you need to invert and multiply.
    --What does this sentence mean?
    There is too much left out there. Invert what? Multiply what by what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Because of a shoe fetish, the thief was regarded as a pervert.
    --What does this sentence mean?
    I must assume that the individual was stealing shoes for sexual purposes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    a dizzy spell when things seem to be burning.
    --What does "a dizzy spell mean"?
    A dizzy spell is the sensation of feeling faint. One feels like one is going to lose one's balance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    The sign indicate the home owners are averse to smoking on the premises.
    --What does this sentence mean?
    Those homeowners don't like people smoking on their property.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: shoe fetish

    If you want to divide a fraction, you need to invert and multiply.
    --What does this sentence mean?

    let's say, you have

    3/4 : 6 =

    you invert 3/4 and that will give you 4/3 which you will then mutiple by 6

    4/3 x 6 = 8

  4. #4
    Dandelion is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: shoe fetish

    You have 3/4 : 6 =

    You must make the whole number (6) a fraction by placing it over 1 (6/1).
    Next you invert it. (1/6)
    Then you are ready to multiply. (3/4 x 1/6)
    First multiply the nominators. (3x1=3)
    Next multiply the denominators. (4x6=24)
    Put the product of the nominators over the product of the denominators. (3/24)
    Simplify the result if desired. (3/24 = 1/8)


Similar Threads

  1. A
    By jack in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 24-Nov-2004, 06:33
  2. what is the name for Wooden Shoes (aside from clogs)
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-Mar-2004, 16:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Hotchalk