• English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Question My narrative essay

Are there any mistakes/improvements?

Doing something requires motivation and practise. Doing magic tricks require both learning and practise. However, you must be interested in magic tricks to want to learn it. Then, you will need to practise a lot before performing. I will now tell you how I became as good at magic tricks as I am now.

Back then, I was never really interested in magic tricks. However, when I saw the magician Lu Chen perform on TV, I was blown away by his tricks. All of his tricks seemed absolutely impossible, as they all defy the science of physics. Personally, I think the best trick that he did was making two rubber bands pass through each other. Obviously, this sounds unachievable. I was so amazed by the trick that I went on Google and searched for how it was done. After an hour of tireless searching, I finally found a video on how the rubber band trick was done. I learnt the trick step-by-step, as it was very complicated. Before long, I was ready to perform. I brought two rubber bands to school and performed the trick to my friends. My friends were clueless as to how the trick was done; they kept asking me to do the trick again and again. Now I see how fun magic tricks can be.

Now that I mastered my first magic trick, I want to learn more tricks. As usual, I went on Google. There were hundreds of websites, if not more, with incredible tricks. It surprised me how many tricks there were on the internet; I didnít know where to start. Therefore, I found some of the easier tricks to learn, since the advanced ones make my head dizzy just by looking at the instructions. I would learn the mechanics first and practise afterwards. Then, Iíd move onto another trick. Naturally, after a month or so, I got bored of the Internet. Therefore, I bought books on magic and magic gimmicks from the internet. A few days later, when the items arrived, it was like Christmas. My brother and I tore open the packaging and fought for the cooler gimmicks, which were the more expensive ones. Later, I tried out some of the gimmicks; they were so cool! Next, I took the books and learnt some of the tricks in them. It turned out that the books werenít very great, since all the tricks in them can be found on the internet. I now know how to do literally hundreds of tricks.

Now that I learnt so many tricks, itís time to perform. When school started again, I brought some objects to school to perform magic tricks with. However, I didnít perform during the first few days because I was still getting to know my classmates and teachers. Nevertheless, by the second week, I already knew most of my classmates. One day, during art, my art teacher told us to practise art techniques, which, in my opinion, is basically doodling. Therefore, I took this opportunity to perform a few magic tricks. I took my eraser and performed a few simple tricks to the people around me. Surprisingly, they had no idea how my tricks were done and said my tricks were amazing. They said they wanted to try, but their attempts were humorous. The next day, I brought a few of my gimmicks and performed during the dance; a lot of people came to watch. When my performance was finished, they were all startled; just like how I was when I saw Lu Chen perform. My practising over the summer paid off, everyone was astonished by my tricks.

Learning the magic tricks took a lot of time and effort. Up to now, still no one figured out my signature rubber band trick. Now that I moved on to professional tricks, I still need to practise a lot. I still perform during class, but I think people got bored of it. I have learnt magic tricks in the past and will continue doing so.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My narrative essay

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoDude View Post

Doing something requires motivation and practise. Doing magic tricks requires both learning and practise. However, you must be interested in magic tricks to want to learn how to do them. Then, you will need to practise a lot before performing. I will now tell you how I became good at doing magic tricks.

Back then, I was never really interested in magic tricks. However, when I saw the magician Lu Chen perform on TV, I was blown away by his tricks. All of his tricks seemed absolutely impossible, as they all defy the science of physics. Personally, I think the best trick that he did was making two rubber bands pass through each other. Obviously, this sounds unachievable. I was so amazed by the trick that I went on Google and searched for how it was done. After an hour of tireless searching, I finally found a video on how the rubber band trick was done. I learnt the trick step-by-step, as it was very complicated. Before long, I was ready to perform. I brought two rubber bands to school and performed the trick for my friends. My friends were clueless as to how the trick was done; they kept asking me to do the trick again and again. Now I see how much fun magic tricks can be.

Now that I have mastered my first magic trick, I want to learn more tricks. As usual, I went on Google. There were hundreds of websites, if not more, with incredible tricks. It surprised me how many tricks there were on the Internet; I didnít know where to start. Therefore, I found some of the easier tricks to learn, since the advanced ones make my head dizzy just by looking at the instructions. I would learn the mechanics first and practise afterwards. Then, Iíd move onto another trick. Naturally, after a month or so, I got bored of the Internet. Therefore, I bought books on magic and magic gimmicks from the internet. A few days later, when the items arrived, it was like Christmas. My brother and I tore open the packaging and fought for the cooler gimmicks, which were the more expensive ones. Later, I tried out some of the gimmicks; they were so cool! Next, I took the books and learnt some of the tricks in them. It turned out that the books werenít very great, since all the tricks in them can be found on the internet. I now know how to do literally hundreds of tricks.

Now that I had learnt so many tricks, it was time to perform. When school started again, I brought some objects to school to perform magic tricks with. However, I didnít perform during the first few days because I was still getting to know my classmates and teachers. Nevertheless, by the second week, I already knew most of my classmates. One day, during art, my art teacher told us to practise art techniques, which, in my opinion, is basically doodling. Therefore, I took this opportunity to perform a few magic tricks. I took my eraser and performed a few simple tricks to the people around me. Surprisingly, they had no idea how my tricks were done and said my tricks were amazing. They said they wanted to try, but their attempts were humorous. The next day, I brought a few of my gimmicks and performed during the dance; a lot of people came to watch. When my performance was finished, they were all startled; just like how I was when I saw Lu Chen perform. My practising over the summer had paid off. Everyone was astonished by my tricks.

Learning the magic tricks took a lot of time and effort. Up to now, still no one has figured out my signature rubber band trick. Now that I have moved on to professional tricks, I still need to practise a lot. I still perform during class, but I think people have grown bored of it. I have learnt magic tricks in the past and will continue doing so.