• Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Oman
      • Current Location:
      • Oman
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Could one please check my essay

Honesty
    Could one be ever honest? This is a question that repeats itself again and again. If one is not honest to his friend about anything he/she says. What could happen to the world? I think that other kids will do the same. Lying over and over to everyone and that is the worst thing that could ever happen. That people around you are lying and there will be no honesty in the world.

I could tell that from the experience I had. The last time I told my parents that there are no parents meeting in the school this year. Therefore, my parents both believed me. So I thought that a little lie won't affect anything. I lied about that because my marks were bad in some of the subjects and I never showed them to my parents. After all days passed and my parents missed the parents meeting. I started lying in other things too, thinking that nothing would change. While it did, I was careless about my marks and my attitude changed from respectful to disrespectful person. All of that happened because of dishonesty to people that surrounded me and that wanted my benefit.

A couple of weeks passed and my teacher called my mother and told her about me, that I had changed in my personality and my marks were awful. My teacher also asked my mother about the reason why she skipped the parents meeting. Then my mother ended the call with an exclaimed face. She called me and told me about what had my teacher told her about me. I felt bad about it and I realized that lies always will be discovered no matter what happened.

I had learned how to be honest from that situation, I also learned that lies is always limited and I shouldn't lie to my parents because they always wanted what is good to me and the best thing one ever learn is from one experience and from his own past.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could one please check my essay

Quote Originally Posted by ss.226 View Post
    Could someone please check my essay, please.

Honesty
    Could (Can?) one be ever honest? This is a question that repeats itself again and again. If one is not honest to his friend about anything he/she says, what could (would?) happen to the world? I think that other kids will do the same. Lying over and over (again and again) to everyone and that is the worst thing that could ever happen. That people around you are lying and there will be no honesty in the world.
    You need to find out what a sentence is, and try to use them in essays like this.

I could tell that from the an experience I had. The last time, I told my parents that there was no parents' meeting in the school this year. Therefore, my parents both believed me. So I thought that a little lie wouldn't affect anything. I lied about that because my marks were bad in some of the subjects and I hadn't showed them to my parents. After all the days passed and my parents missed the parents meeting, I started lying in other things too, thinking that nothing would change. While it did, I was careless about my marks, and my attitude changed from respectful to disrespectful person. All of that happened because of dishonesty to people that surrounded me and that wanted my benefit.

A couple of weeks passed and my teacher called my mother and told her about me; that I had changed in my personality and my marks were awful. My teacher also asked my mother about the reason why she skipped the parents' meeting. Then my mother ended the call with an exclaimed face. She called me and told me about what had my teacher had told her about me. I felt bad about it and I realized that lies always will be discovered no matter what happens.

I had learned how to be honest from that situation. I also learned that lies are always limiting [?] and I shouldn't lie to my parents because they always wanted what is good to for me and the best thing one ever learn is from one experience and from his own past.

The red bits are where your sentences are wrongly joined (or not joined) in the original. If you're not sure about any of the corrections, ask (but think first).

greenisgood is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Moldavian
      • Home Country:
      • Maldives
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ss.226 View Post
    Honesty
    Could one be ever honest? This is a question that repeats itself again and again. If one is not honest to his friend about anything he/she says. What could happen to the world? I think that other kids will do the same. Lying over and over to everyone and that is the worst thing that could ever happen. That people around you are lying and there will be no honesty in the world.

Could Should one be ever honest all the time? This is a question that repeats itself again and again I ask myself repeatedly. I wonder what would happen to this world, if a person is not honest with his very own friend. And what if that friend does the same. Soon, we find that everyone is lying to someone else, and before long there would be no honesty in the world. That is the worst thing that could ever happen - people around you are lying and do not believe in each other.

I could tell that from the experience I had. The last time I told my parents that there are no parents meeting in the school this year. Therefore, my parents both believed me. So I thought that a little lie won't affect anything. I lied about that because my marks were bad in some of the subjects and I never showed them to my parents. After all days passed and my parents missed the parents meeting. I started lying in other things too, thinking that nothing would change. While it did, I was careless about my marks and my attitude changed from respectful to disrespectful person. All of that happened because of dishonesty to people that surrounded me and that wanted my benefit.

I could tell that from the an experience I had. The last time Once I told my parents that there are no parents meeting parents' meetings in the school this year. Therefore, Both my parents both believed me. So I thought that a little lie won't affect anything. I lied about that because my marks were bad in some of the subjects and I never showed them to my parents. After all days passed, and my parents missed the parents' meeting. I started lying in about other things too, thinking that nothing would change. While But it did,. I was careless about my marks and my attitude changed from being a respectful to a disrespectful person. All of that happened because of my dishonesty to people that surrounded me and that wanted my benefit.

A couple of weeks passed and my teacher called my mother and told her about me, that I had changed in my personality and my marks were awful. My teacher also asked my mother about the reason why she skipped the parents meeting. Then my mother ended the call with an exclaimed face. She called me and told me about what had my teacher told her about me. I felt bad about it and I realized that lies always will be discovered no matter what happened.

A couple of weeks passed passed by and my teacher called my mother and told her about me, that I had changed in my personality has changed and my marks were awful. My teacher also asked my mother about the reason why she skipped the parents parents' meeting. Then my mother ended the call with an exclaimed a surprised face. She called me and told me about what had my teacher had told her about me. I felt bad about it and I realized that lies always will always be discovered no matter what happened happens.

I had learned how to be honest from that situation, I also learned that lies is always limited and I shouldn't lie to my parents because they always wanted what is good to me and the best thing one ever learn is from one experience and from his own past.

I had learned how to be honest from that situation,. I also learned that lies is are always limited short-lived and I shouldn't lie to my parents because they always wanted want what is good to for me and the best thing one ever one can ever learn is from one ones own experience and from his own past.
    I am not an expert, but found your essay interesting to edit. I rewrote your first paragraph and hopefully it did not change its meaning.

I am not sure if it is "honest to" or "honest with".
    From what I am used to reading, generally, "honest to" is used in phrases such as "honest to God", "honest to my principles", etc., and "honest with" is used when referring to a person, as in, "honest with you", "honest with me", etc. Experts, please comment!

Finally, I agree - Honesty is the best policy!

san2612 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Honesty is the best policy!
    Do you think that if people are just a bit dishonest, their life will be more smooth? (I may be off-topic)
    Last edited by san2612; 22-Dec-2009 at 09:36.