(i'm agree) or (i agree)

• Thread starter ulysse_100@hotmail.com
  • Start date
  • Views : 71,237
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

ulysse_100@hotmail.com

Please i want to know if i can write (i'm agree) in a sentence or (i agree), for example can i say when i see something pleased me (i'm agree dear brother........) or ( i agree dear brother.......), please i need your explanation sir teacher?.deep respect. what's the rule of using each one please?

kfredson

Member Type
Academic
Please i want to know if i can write (i'm agree) in a sentence or (i agree), for example can i say when i see something pleased me (i'm agree dear brother........) or ( i agree dear brother.......), please i need your explanation sir teacher?.deep respect. what's the rule of using each one please?

I agree is correct.

You could also say "I am in agreement."

This is not generally what you say when something pleases you (for that you simply say, "That pleases me,") but rather when it matches what you yourself believe to be true.

By the way, you apparently live in a country where people treat their teachers with deep respect. That pleases me!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
There's no rule, since "I'm agree" is incorrect.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There's no rule, since "I'm agree" is incorrect.
Yes, but the original poster (or whoever taught him) may have misheard the less common 'I'm agreed' - which occurs sometimes, especially in the plural: Are we all agreed?

b

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Yes, but the original poster (or whoever taught him) may have misheard the less common 'I'm agreed' - which occurs sometimes, especially in the plural: Are we all agreed?

b
Yes, I agree that if the poster had asked a different question, a different answer might have been more appropriate.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, I agree that if the poster had asked a different question, a different answer might have been more appropriate.
The point is that a learner sometimes doesn't know how near he/she is to being right. Answering just the question posed isn't always very helpful.

b

Status
Not open for further replies.