• Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

• Post Thanks / Like

the poor

Christmas Eve

Christmas was coming to a poor city. All the trees and roofs were being covered with thick snow.

Jam knew that his younger sister, Sam always wished to have a fried chicken’s leg on the eve. She really had to wish it because the two brothers were too poor. They were always hungry. The girl got nourished and imagined of food.

A long time before, their parents died in the war. From an early age, Jam had a very hard work in a coal mine to earn his living. He promised himself to bring a fried chicken’s leg to his younger sister when he returned home. So on the way home, Jam spent almost his salary to buy the one. The fried chicken’s leg was wrapped with paper around. It smelt so delicious that Jam believed that Sam would be very surprised and joyful to see it.

Suddenly, a beggar near there robbed the hot chicken’s leg from his hand. Jam ran as fast as possible, seizing and trying to wrest it again from the beggar. They were scrambling for the food when it accidentally dropped to the snow ground. The fried chicken’s leg got out of its paper and became dirty. So quickly did the beggar pick it and run away. Jam no longer followed him but had a regretful look. He had lost the only present that he could afford to his younger sister.

Jam got home. He felt very surprised when Sam said:
    _Brother, you see. The Santa Clause has already came to our house. He gave me a fried chicken’s leg. That is. It is so delicious.
    In fact, Sam were holding a stone. She imagined it as a fried chicken’s leg. She was going to put it into her mouth when Jam shouted:
    _Throw it away quickly. It is only a stone. No Santa Clause've come to our home.
    He cried with painful tears and continued saying:
    _ I’m sorry, my dear sister. I can’t bring any fried chicken’s legs for you. I can never become a Santa Clause to make your wish come true…
    Last edited by san2612; 21-Dec-2009 at 14:41.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Moldavian
      • Home Country:
      • Maldives
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: the poor

Quote Originally Posted by san2612 View Post
    Christmas Eve

Christmas was coming to a poor city. All the trees and roofs were being covered with thick snow.

Jam knew that his younger sister, Sam always wished to have a fried chickenís chicken leg on the eve. She really had to wish for it because the two brothers siblings were too poor. They were always hungry. The girl got was undernourished and imagined of longed for food.

A long time before ago, their parents died in the a war. From an early age, Jam had a very hard worked hard in a coal mine to earn his living. He promised himself to bring a fried chickenís chicken leg to for his younger sister when he returned home this Christmas eve. So on the way back home, Jam spent almost all his salary to buy the one. The fried chickenís leg was wrapped with in paper around. It smelt so delicious that Jam believed that Sam would be very surprised and joyful to see it.

Suddenly, a beggar near there robbed snatched the hot chickenís leg from his hand. Jam ran after the beggar as fast as possible, seizing and trying and tried to wrestle it again back from the beggar. While Tthey were scrambling for the food leg, when it accidentally dropped to the snow ground. The fried chickenís leg got out of its paper and became dirty. So quickly did Quickly the beggar picked it up and run ran away. Jam no longer followed him but had a regretful look on his face. He had lost the only present that he could afford to for his younger sister.

Jam got home. He felt very surprised when Sam said:
    _Brother, you see. The Santa Clause has already came to our house. He gave me a fried chickenís leg. That is. It is so delicious.
    In fact, Sam were was holding a stone. She imagined it as to be a fried chickenís leg. She was going to put it into her mouth when Jam shouted:
    _Throw it away quickly. It is only just a stone. No Santa Clause 've come came to our home.
    He cried with painful tears and continued saying:
    _ Iím sorry, my dear sister. I canít bring any fried chickenís legs for you. I can never become a Santa Clause to make your wish come trueÖ
    Note: I am always a learner.