- 1. The act or capability of attracting.
- 2. The quality of attracting; charm.
- 3a. A feature or characteristic that attracts.
- 3b. A person, place, thing, or event that is intended to attract: The main attraction was a Charlie Chaplin film.
- 4a. The electric or magnetic force exerted by oppositely charged particles, tending to draw or hold the particles together.
- 4b. The gravitational force exerted by one body on another.
In your example, 3b seems to be the one which better suits. In this situation, probably there exists an "attraction", besides the movie, related to the characters. This "attraction" could be a presentation, a show or something like that.
PS Not a native speaker
- For Teachers