• Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Please check my essay

Topic: As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom.

Although computers is a great source of information and an incredible tool which is widely used in education, I believe that they can not replace the role of teachers in the classroom for some reasons mentioned below.

For the students, educational computer programmes may be more stimulating than other forms of teaching. Computer provides students with colorful imagines and interesting sounds, and lots of academic materials, which may encourage them to study harder. Also pupils like using computer to do their research and make a perfect paper. However, they should not depend on the computer if they aim to be properly educated. There are too many sources of information in the Internet, including both bad and good ones. Students may waste their valuable time searching unreliable websites.

On the other hand, teachers can help them to choose what materials they should use. Given some experiences, students are also told how to study effectively. For example, my teacher always says ‘practice makes perfect’, and that we should practise learning everyday. Computer can not give advices and studying methods as it is not clever enough to know our education level.

Moreover, teachers stimulate student's curiosity and creativity by giving questions and instruct them to the answers. Students have to think carefully and hand in their answers, whereas using a computer, they may see the answers before reading the question, which is an useless way to learn.

To sum up, computer may be a wonderful machine, but it can not take the place of the teacher who teach us to be creative, curious and effective as a human being can be.

greenisgood is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Moldavian
      • Home Country:
      • Maldives
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please check my essay

Quote Originally Posted by san2612 View Post
    Topic: As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom.
    Although computers is a great source of information and an incredible tool which is widely used in education, I believe that they can not replace the role of teachers in the classroom for some reasons mentioned below.

Although computers are a great information source and are increasingly being used as an incredible educational aid, I believe they cannot replace the role of teachers in the classroom for various reasons.

For the students, educational computer programmes may be more stimulating than other forms of teaching. Computer provides students with colorful imagines and interesting sounds, and lots of academic materials, which may encourage them to study harder. Also pupils like using computer to do their research and make a perfect paper. However, they should not depend on the computer if they aim to be properly educated. There are too many sources of information in the Internet, including both bad and good ones. Students may waste their valuable time searching unreliable websites.

Even though computers appeal to young students with colorful images, interesting sounds and interactive experience, they fall far short of being a comprehensive teaching resource. Computers by design are not creative enough to adapt to individual students learning needs. Unlike teachers, computers cannot gauge the psychological mood of students, motivate through inspirational instruction, draw upon current events to cultivate learning interest, or enable peer learning with live classroom discussions.

Students would find it a major challenge to make steady learning progress if they use computers as their sole teaching aid. Without a teacher, students easily run the risk of never accomplishing structured educational goals since they would rely on their own immature wisdom in making self paced learning choices. The vast amount of resources available via computers make it impossible for self-taught students to determine the relevancy, authenticity, and completeness of information for a particular learning topic.

On the other hand, teachers can help them to choose what materials they should use. Given some experiences, students are also told how to study effectively. For example, my teacher always says ‘practice makes perfect’, and that we should practise learning everyday. Computer can not give advices and studying methods as it is not clever enough to know our education level.

Students can use computers more effectively with their teachers' guidance than with none at all. Teachers can assist in locating genuine and relevant computer information resources that complement their learning curriculum. This helps students in leveraging computers productively as well as benefit from the rich information accessible through the internet.

Moreover, teachers stimulate student's curiosity and creativity by giving questions and instruct them to the answers. Students have to think carefully and hand in their answers, whereas using a computer, they may see the answers before reading the question, which is an useless way to learn.

To sum up, computer may be a wonderful machine, but it can not take the place of the teacher who teach us to be creative, curious and effective as a human being can be.

In summary, computers have a great potential in lending themselves as educational aids, but they cannot replace a human teacher who helps students be creative, curious, morally strong, and develop such character traits .

Note: I am a learner too.

Paragraphs revised as follows:

- Essay Support Statement
    - Computers compared to teachers
    - Student challenges with computers
    - How teachers can help
    - Conclusion