example of understanding in / of / about
Could you please write me sentences as examples for using each of the 3 things below?
1) Understanding in: example of using it
2) Understanding of: example of using it
3) Understanding about: example of using it
Re: example of understanding in / of / about
1) Much of the theory and understanding in ecology, however, comes from ecosystems that are not undergoing rapid change.
2) The present study used this rationale to gain a better understanding of the female adolescents' social experience.
3) Perhaps these responses arrive to a greater understanding about humanity: beauty becomes the thing needed.
It depends a lot on context. 'understanding' collocates with many prepositions. Of course, 'of' is by far more common.
Last edited by Offroad; 28-Dec-2009 at 06:21.