Reflection essay

• Thread starter famous_wife
  • Start date
  • Views : 1,867
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

famous_wife

I have been asked to write an essay on reflection, which I thought I had done, however it appears that I have missed the main object out and have not reflected on the occassion.

Can someone please give me help on how I should do this, how should this start, and how long should it be.

The essay is about romance and how my husband proposed.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

DougLewis

Member Type
English Teacher
I have been asked to write an essay on reflection, which I thought I had done, however it appears that I have missed the main object out and have not reflected on the occassion.

Can someone please give me help on how I should do this, how should this start, and how long should it be.

The essay is about romance and how my husband proposed.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

If you are reflecting, you would want to set the time and place in the past. You might use terms such as... "Thinking back to my single days, I remember the time when my husband proposed marriage to me."

You would tell the story in the past tense.

If no guideline was given for length, it is probably best to tell the story from beginning to conclusion but efficiently.

Linguist__

Member Type
Student or Learner
(Not a teacher)

What I understand from reflective essay is that you don't only talk about the situation - in this case how your husband proposed to you - but also about how this made you feel. Perhaps it would be appropriate to talk about things like; was this the way you had imagined you would be proposed to in the past? was it like 'conventional' proposals - asking the father for permission, buying a ring, going to a unique/special place to do it? That kind of thing. Looking at the situation from a future point of view and reflecting on it - sort of objectively, considering other things, but construing your personal feelings and emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.