to bring or to bringing, what is the different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

new2grammar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Our skilled and talented jewelers are dedicated to bringing / to bring you the finest jewellery.

Kinldy tell me what is correct, to bringing or to bring and what difference it make sin meaning if i use either of them

Kondorosi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Our skilled and talented jewelers are dedicated to bringing / to bring you the finest jewellery.

Kinldy tell me what is correct, to bringing or to bring and what difference it make sin meaning if i use either of them

a hint: to be dedicated to sg

sarat_106

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Oriya
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

I think you can use both 'to bring' as an inifinitive phrase as underlined or bringing as a gerund as object of the preposition 'to'. I would prefer the gerund. Look at these sentences taken from the web.
I am dedicated to delivering something creative.
I am dedi­cated to help­ing peo­ple achieve a living.

As clarified by bhaisahab in the post following, the 'ing' form after 'to' is correct. So say:
Our skilled and talented jewelers are dedicated to bringing you the finest jewellery.

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland

If "dedicated", is followed by a verb the verb is always in the "to-ing" form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.