[Essay] (Please check my essay) What do you think about English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer007

Member Type
Student or Learner
I think my essay really need grammar correcting and its extent's very poor:-|. So could you please give me some suggestions? Thank you very much^^!

Nowadays, there are many people who want to learn English. Do you know the reason why English is widespread all over the world?
First, English is taught and learned at every school: primary, secondary, high schools, colleges and universities... So if you want to have a good stydying result, you'll need to get high marks in English.
Second, English's and important and international language for all of us. We can communicate with each other in English. It helps everybody understand each other better and brings the whole wide world closer.
Third, there're many books which are written in English. So you need to know English in order to get new information and knowledge about art, science, technology, music, education, cars and so on...
Forth, English is a living and working condition. We can't live in other countries such as German, Australia, Singapore...without knowing English. We need English for our jobs in the future.

So can you answer the question "What should we do to master English?"
I can give you some suggestions. We must have confidence in ourselves . If you always think that you can learn English well, you can do it. And learning by heart all the new words, grammar and structures is also an effective way to study English. We need to do exercises at classes and at home, to. Being hard is the key to our successes. We must practise a lot in order to have writting, listening, reading and speaking skills. We ought to speak in English with our friends everyday and take to make a speech in the public. We should write diary, short stories and poems in English, too. These things can improve your vacabulary and writting skill. We also need to listen to English tapes. English songs do not only help us relax but also improve our listening. We should read English books and magazines on all subjects.
English is an interesting subject to learn and it's neccessary for all of us. Chose your own ways to study English effectively:lol:Good luck^^!

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ESSAY! THANK YOU VERY MUCH :)

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Serbian
Home Country
Serbia
Current Location
Serbia
When I saw the layout of your essay, I thought it was good. But when I started reading, I noticed that many things were missing.
Another big problem beside your grammar is the basic structure.
You should follow a few simple steps.
Parts of an essay
1. The General Statement/opening
2. The Body
3. The Conclusion

I suggest writing the general statement at the end. You'll see why.
First, you should decide how many ideas or points you'll develop.

The Body
The body consists of number of paragraphs in which you develop your points.
Use separate paragraph for each idea and elaborate it.

The Conclusion
The conclusion brings closure to the reader. Sum up your points and provide a final perspective on your topic.

The General Statement
Inform the reader about your point of view including all points that you have elaborated in the body.

So, the general statement should include all points that need to be separately elaborated in the body, and the conclusion should be connected to the general statement, again including the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.